Ok, I know Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar and Butter are not at the top of a healthy list, but they might be at the top of a delicious appetizer list! Oh my goodness, these are amazing! We have a serious love for bacon around here as you can see in past posts, with Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers being an absolute favorite! These smokies are really easy to make and really easy to eat! Try them as a yummy appetizer for a football game or just to snack on! After they sit for a little while, the brown sugar flavor is even more enhanced. My son ate quite a few of these little smokies and loved them! I used some of the cheddar smokies and they were just as delicious!
- 1 pound Bacon cut into thirds
- 1 pound Smokies
- 1/2 cup Butter stick
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each smokie
- Place all the wrapped smokies in a single layer in a baking dish
- Melt the stick of butter and add 1 cup of brown sugar
- Stir until mixed well
- Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture on the smokies and bacon
- Sprinkle the other cup of brown sugar evenly over the smokies
- Bake them for about 20 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 400F for about 15-25 minutes or longer until the bacon becomes crispy (see notes)
Recipe from: Tasty Kitchen
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!