These easy Chicken Enchilada Sliders make a great game day appetizer for feeding a crowd! Loaded with Mexican food flavors, they’re sure the be a hit!
I’m all about football parties…and football party food! I’ve got all sorts of great game day appetizer recipes but my favorites are my easy slider recipes. These cheesy Chicken Enchilada Sliders are my newest creation and they have been flying off the platter at my game day parties. They are an easy appetizer recipe that goes great with 7 Layer Dip and is perfect for feeding hungry football fans!
CHICKEN ENCHILADA SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your GAME DAY pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
What I like about sliders is that you can make a bunch of them all at once. I’ve made everything from Philly Cheesesteak Sliders to Easy Meatball Sliders and none of them takes more than 40 minutes to make (and most of that time is just baking them so the cheese melts). To make things go even faster on game day I prepare the chicken for my Chicken Enchilada Sliders the day before. I cook and shred the chicken and onions, then mix it with the enchilada sauce then put it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator overnight. On game day I heat the meat up in the microwave, pile the chicken and cheese on my slider buns, and bake everything until the cheese is all melted and the flavors all meld together into the ultimate halftime food!
You can serve your Chicken Enchilada Sliders with any of your favorite Tex-Mex garnishes. I added some fresh jalapenos to my mine! I also like to serve them with a little salsa and sour cream. That way I can add a big bowl of tortilla chips to the table and call it a day. Everyone chows down on chips and sliders and I get to cheer on my team.
MORE AMAZING ENCHILADA RECIPES!
There is so much you can do with enchiladas! Traditional, creamy, Verde, or vegetarian they’re all great! Here are some of my favorite enchilada recipes for you to check out!
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Want more easy slider recipes?
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Roast Beef Horseradish Cheddar Baked Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Enchilada Sliders recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 12 Slider buns
- 12 ounces Chicken breast shredded
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onions diced
- 15 ounces Enchilada sauce divided
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add chicken. Boil until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked let cool and then shred.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add olive oil and then onions. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and 3/4 of the enchilada sauce to the skillet and stir everything together. Then set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 305 degrees F.
- Cut slider buns in half and remove top buns. Place bottom buns on a lined baking sheet.
- Place the shredded chicken mixture on the bottom buns and top with shredded cheese and then the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Place top buns back on the sliders.
- Brush with melted butter, cover with foil, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply