Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are an awesome way to feed a hungry crowd on game day! So easy to make and packed with chicken wing flavor everyone loves!
I’m a huge fan of buffalo wings, but I hate the greasy mess from frying them. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders couldn’t be any easier. Just throw chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter into your crock pot, cook until tender, shred, and serve on buns with ranch dressing. This appetizer is going to become one of your best crock pot recipes for game day!
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follower Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Buffalo chicken wings are a staple with my husband and his friends when we watch a football game. While I love wings too, a simple crock pot recipe to get those same flavors without all the mess is a win for me. Enter these buffalo chicken sliders. They can be ready in 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low depending on if your game is morning or night. Then just load up your slider buns with chicken and ranch or blue cheese dressing. I prefer ranch and love to whip up an easy, semi-homemade version to top these crockpot buffalo chicken sliders.
I use a buttermilk ranch dressing dry mix for the ranch, it tastes so much better than bottled ranch on these sliders, and I add just a touch more buttermilk than the recipe calls for to thin it out. To really add some extra flavor to these buffalo sliders, I brush the buns with olive oil and toast them under the broiler in the oven. I then rub a garlic clove over the crusty buns. These Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the only thing your friends will be talking about next Sunday, and they’re so easy to make you’ll want to serve them at all your parties!
Want more buffalo sauce recipes?
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Bacon Cheeseball
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cups
- Lightened Up Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese Bake
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Easy Ranch Dressing:
- 1 buttermilk ranch packet
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Sourdough or Ciabatta slider buns
- olive oil
- garlic clove
- Place the chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter (no need to melt) into a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the ranch dressing by whisking the ranch packet, buttermilk, mayo and black pepper until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Split the buns in half, place cut side up onto a cookie sheet.
- Brush the cut sides of the buns with olive oil.
- Place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully until browned.
- Remove the buns from the oven. Cut off the garlic clove, and rub the garlic onto the browned side of the buns.
- Top the bottom buns with the chicken, then ranch, and top cover with a top bun browned side down.
- Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and extra ranch.
Need an easy dessert idea for your party? This Caramel Apple Pie Dip is so easy to make.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!