Crunchy and creamy with just a kick of heat, Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks are the perfect appetizer to serve up on game day!
Stuff some shredded chicken breast mixed with creamy buffalo cream cheese straight into a celery stick for these super easy, no plate required Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks. Everyone will go crazy for this game-day snack. You’ll love it because it can be ready in as little as 10 minutes, and clean-up is a breeze!
We watch a lot of football in my house, and what better time to snack than during a game? The only problem is that someone has to make the snacks, usually me. It’s no wonder why these quick and easy Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks are one of my favorites to whip up during commercial breaks.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN CELERY STICKS
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – This homemade ranch dressing is better than anything you’ve got in a bottle!
- Walking Tacos – Fun and customizable Walking Tacos are easy to make and even easier to clean up!
Chicken: You’ll need two cups of shredded chicken. I usually boil two chicken breasts to shred, but I have also used rotisserie chicken before.
Buffalo Sauce: You can’t have buffalo chicken without buffalo sauce! I always use Frank’s Red Hot Original. You’ll also mix in cream cheese to help bind the chicken together and season it with garlic powder and pepper.
Celery: The celery stalks act as little boats for the buffalo chicken! They’re fresh, crunchy, and functional!
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN CELERY STICKS
STEP ONE: In a medium-sized bowl, combine 2 cups of shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce, 1/2 brick of softened cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Combine the ingredients well by mixing them together with two forks.
STEP TWO: Next, trim and clean one package of celery stalks. Generously fill each stalk of celery with the chicken mixture.
STEP THREE: Garnish Buffalo Chicken Celery Sticks with a sprinkling of chives or a drizzle of ranch dressing!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- If you’re boiling your chicken breasts to shred, it should take about 12-15 minutes to cook them.
- If you prefer your buffalo chicken on the spicier side, you can add more buffalo sauce to taste or use one with a higher heat level to start. Frank’s RedHot Sauce comes in a ton of different varieties!
STORAGE AND SERVING
This recipe really doesn’t get much easier than it already is, but to save even more time, allow me to point out that it’s a perfect make-ahead recipe! Once the buffalo chicken filling is mixed, you can store it in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days. If you pre-cut and wash the celery, you can throw this snack together in a literal minute! It’s a great low-carb option to have on hand for between-meal snacks or even as a simple after-school lunch.
SIMPLE VARIATIONS FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN CELERY STICKS
Let’s start with the obvious- not everyone loves celery. For my celery-resistant friends, I sometimes serve a scoop of this buffalo chicken in a cucumber slice or even as a lettuce wrap. Of course, there’s always the cracker option too! Another hit-or-miss ingredient that I personally love to use as a topping is blue cheese crumbles with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing. Lastly, if you love how low-carb this recipe is and you want to cut back even more calories, you can substitute the cream cheese for Greek Yogurt. Be warned, though, this will make the buffalo chicken a little tangier and a little less creamy.
OTHER BITES TO SHARE
- Mini Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Chicken Artichoke Bites
- Glazed Kielbasa Bites
- Creamy Taco Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- To a medium bowl, add the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix until evenly combined using 2 forks.
- Generously fill each stalk of celery with the chicken mixture.
- Garnish with chives, if desired, and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.