No Bake Pistachio Pie is a wonderfully light and simple pie to make, using only five ingredients and is perfect for every occasion!
Creamy and loaded with delicious pistachio flavor, No Bake Pistachio Pie takes only minutes to make and is ready to hit the party when you are! A premade graham cracker crust, pistachio pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, and whipped cream are all you need to create this incredibly luscious dessert everyone loves!
Going nuts for this pie!
I’m not sure why pistachios are so craveable but once I start eating them, I can’t stop! When it comes to this No Bake Pistachio Pie, I have the same problem but worse, and everyone in my family is the same way. There is something so comforting and light about this pie and the creamy flavors make me forget all about my love affair with chocolate- for a while that is. This time saving pie is one that I love whipping up for potlucks, holidays and just because it’s Tuesday!
Make more pistachio dishes without ever turning on the oven, like Pistachio Cheesecake Dip – a fun treat to dip more sweets into or a deliciously layered Pistachio Icebox Cake!
Other Recipes to Serve with Pistachio Pie
- Once you start down that pistachio road you know you’re going to crave Classic Watergate Salad so make enough to share!
- While not pistachio flavored, it’s fun to keep the green times going, especially with a Shamrock Shake!
Cream Cheese: For the creamiest pie, room temperature, full fat cream cheese is recommended for this recipe but you could use a lower fat option if you prefer.
Pudding: Be sure to grab a few boxes or packets of pistachio pudding to make this pie.
Refrigerated items: You will need milk, any kind will work, as well as a tub of whipped cream.
Crust: Pick up a premade graham cracker crust for this pie.
Optional: To decorate the pie, you will need more whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
How to Make No Bake Pistachio Pie
STEP ONE: Using a mixer or large bowl with beaters, beat the cream cheese until it is fluffy and smooth. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix. When the pudding is nice and thick, add 1/4 of the pudding to the cream cheese at a time and beat well between additions.
STEP TWO: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix. Spoon the mixture into the graham cracker crust and chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
STEP THREE: Once the pie is firm, you can decorate the pie with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Tips for Success
- The key to a really creamy and smooth pie filling is really soft cream cheese. You don’t want the cream cheese melted, just very soft so that it mixes well with the pudding.
- Don’t try to mix all of the ingredients at once in an effort to save more time, it won’t work well! There’s not many steps to this pie but each one is needed in order to make the best pie possible.
- If you’d like even cleaner slices when cutting the pie, you can freeze it. Freezing the pie will slightly change the soft creamy texture, however, so if you know you’ll be freezing it then it’s an even better choice to use full fat cream cheese and milk as the fat will give the pie a good texture once the pie thaws.
How long can I store this No Bake Pistachio Pie?
No Bake Pistachio Pie can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. If you made the pie up ahead of time, wait to decorate the pie until you are ready to serve it so that everything stays as fresh as possible. You can also freeze this pie, well wrapped, for two to three months. Again, wait to garnish the pie until you are ready to serve it. Thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight when you are ready to enjoy it.
Can I use a different crust for this pie?
A premade graham cracker crust is super easy to use for this pie, but you can certainly use any other crust you like! A Nilla Wafer crust or chocolate cookie crust, either premade or homemade, are all good choices. If you feel like making your own graham cracker crust, simply place enough graham crackers in a food processor to end up with 1 1/2 cups of cracker crumbs, and then mix in 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour 6 tablespoons of melted butter over the mix and stir to combine. Firmly press this into a pie pan, using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to help you pack it firmly. You can then either cook the crust at 325 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or chill the crust in the refrigerator until firm. Lastly, you can also add bits of the cookies or Nilla Wafers to garnish the pie, along with crushed pistachios.
More no bake sweets to love!
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- No Bake Strawberry Cake
- No Bake Peppermint Pie
- No Bake Peach Chiffon Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces instant pistachio pudding mix (2 boxes)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for decorating
- Maraschino cherries for decorating
- Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pistachio pudding mix and milk until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 of the pudding to the cream cheese and beat until combined. Repeat adding 1/4 of the pudding at a time until it's all incorporated.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. (or freeze for cleaner slices when cut)
- Decorate the top of the pie with swirls of whipped cream or Cool Whip and place a maraschino cherry on each swirl, if desired.
Leave a Reply