Don’t stress about your holiday dessert, this No Bake Peppermint Pie is so easy to throw together and uses seasonal peppermint ice cream as the base!
NO BAKE PEPPERMINT PIE!
Love it? Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I’m always on the hunt for a easy holiday dessert or pie recipe that will take some of the stress out of holiday meal planning. I’m usually in charge several side dishes and a couple desserts for our holiday dinners, so having an easy pie is a must for me.
For me and my family, the holidays are all about the peppermint desserts and drinking way too much eggnog. I don’t know why, but pretty much from Thanksgiving until New Years Day…it’s full on peppermint everything. No more pumpkin or pumpkin spice lattes for me, bring on the Peppermint Mochas.
How do you celebrate the holidays and the end of the year? Do you have favorite peppermint dessert that I need to try? I’d love hear about it.
- 24 Oreos almost a full package
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 gallon carton Peppermint Ice Cream
- 20 peppermint candies divided
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- Redi Whip
- chocolate syrup
- Place Oreos in a food processor and process until fine crumbs. Place Oreo crumbs in a medium mixing bowl and add melted butter. Mix well. Pour Oreo mixture into a 9 inch pie pan and press to evenly cover the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Refrigerate crust for an hour before filling.
- While crust sets up, set out the ice cream and Cool Whip to thaw. Place 12 peppermint candies (wrappers removed) into a zip top baggie and smash into little bits using a heavy pan or rolling pan. Set candies aside.
- Remove crust from the refrigerator and gently scoop ice cream into Oreo crust and spread to fill the pan. Add a layer of crushed candies to the top of the ice cream. Then a dd the Cool Whip topping and spread evenly over the ice cream. Place entire pie in the freezer for several hours to harden.
- To serve, remove from freezer for 10 minutes and top with more whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup and remaining peppermint candies.