Satisfy your sweet tooth with a Snickers Chocolate Parfait! Layers of chocolate pudding, Snickers candy bars, and peanut butter mousse are heaven in a cup!
When it comes to easy dessert nothing beats a no bake option. The hardest part is waiting for things to chill. That’s where this super tasty chocolate parfait comes into play. It’s loaded with chocolate and peanut butter goodness that’ll make you weak in the knees. It’s like a super simplified Snickers Chocolate Cake variation you’ll going to want to make all the time!
SNICKERS CHOCOLATE PARFAIT
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
With Halloween just around the corner, I thought it was the perfect time to sing my praises to my favorite candy bar – Snickers. I mean really…chocolate + nougat + peanuts + caramel = the perfect candy bar.
Why do I care about Halloween when we’re talking dessert? Because there will be lots of mini Snickers bar in your kids Halloween bucket/pillowcase/whatever they use… and you can take some for this dessert! I won’t judge and they’ll never know. Just be sneaky.
But today we’re not just dreaming of candy bars. Oh no. We are going to take things to the next level with a chocolate parfait! Just picture it – layers chopped up Snickers bars, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter mousse. It’s a crazy decadent dessert you’re going to adore!
So grab a spoon and leave any dessert guilt at the door friends.
What is a parfait
Parfaits are a dessert made with layers of custard, pudding, or yogurt and granola, fruit, or other fillings that is served in a tall glass. The point here is to have a clear glass serving dish to show off all those pretty layers!
Parfaits are a french dessert and parfait means “perfect” because they kind of are.
What’s the difference between a parfait and a trifle
Excellent question! We just covered what parfaits are. The big difference here is that trifles have cake in them. They’re a layered dessert, like parfaits, but they use fruit, cake, and custard for the layers. Sometimes the cake pieces are even soaked in brandy or a flavored liqueur. YUM!
Snickers Chocolate Parfait Ingredients
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Milk – either 2% or whole
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Snickers candy bars
I use two regular-sized Snickers for this recipe. If you have the fun-size on hand (like say, after Halloween) you’ll need about six of them.
If you prefer homemade chocolate pudding, you can absolutely whip your favorite recipe. Just be sure to let it cool completely first. I like instant because I’m impatient… nad easy desserts are the best!
How to Make a Parfait
- Start by pouring the instant chocolate pudding mix into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the milk and whisk it together for 2 minutes. The pudding will thicken up and there shouldn’t be any lumps.
- Then you’re going to cover the pudding with plastic wrap. Put the plastic wrap right onto the pudding so a skin doesn’t form. Chill the pudding for at least 1 hour to let it set.
- Next, you’re going to make the peanut butter mousse. To do this add the heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar into another mixing bowl. Then, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream until medium peaks form.
- After the whipped cream is ready, add the peanut butter and mix it into the cream. You’ll want to keep the mousse chilled until you’re ready to assemble the parfaits.
- The only other prep you need to do is wrap the candy bars and chop them up. I usually cut them into slices and then cut the slices in half. That way they’re a bit chunky still.
- To assemble the parfaits, grab two dessert cups. Place a layer of chocolate pudding into the bottom of each cup. Top the pudding with some of the mousse, and then some candy bars. You want to be able to see each layer when you look at the side of the cups. Repeat the layers one more time and you’re done!
I like to make sure you can see the pudding under the top layer of mousse, but you can spread it to the edges if you prefer.
If you’re prepping these parfaits ahead of time, cover the pudding and mousse and let them hang out in the fridge. Chop the Snickers and leave them in a bowl on the counter. Them when you’re ready to serve, assemble the parfaits. It’ll only take a couple of minutes.
And while this recipe makes two servings, I only get through half my parfait most of the time. You could absolutely assemble one round of layers in shallow bowls and be happy with that. Or double the recipe to make layered dessert happiness for the whole family.
Get your chocolate fix with these other tasty treats!
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Batter Dip
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Chocolate Fondue
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Snickers Chocolate Parfait recipe
Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have the right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Hand Mixer: While I love my stand mixer, this handheld mixer is perfect for smaller recipes and when I need just a quick mix.
Dessert Cups: Get ready for some serious brownie points when you serve up dessert in these cute dishes. They’re fun for kids and a treat for dinner party guests.
*This post originally posted on 10/19/2014.
- Add instant pudding mix and mix to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together for 2 minutes until thickened and all lumps are gone. Cover with plastic wrap (touching the pudding), and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so the pudding sets.
- In another mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until medium peaks form. Mix in peanut butter until well incorporated.
- Chop Snickers bars into small pieces.
- Assembly: Layer parfait in dessert cups starting with pudding on the bottom topped with peanut butter mousse, and then some candy bar pieces. Repeat layers in each cup. Serve immediately.