Crock Pot Mac and Cheese is a creamy, ultra cheesy crowd pleaser. It’s hands down one of my favorite ways to make mac and cheese!
This crock pot mac and cheese is one of my favorite ways to make mac and cheese. My perfect macaroni and cheese is creamy, saucy and thick enough to sort of “hear” the creaminess when you’re mixing it up. When the mac and cheese talks back to you, that’s when you know it’s going to be good! Since we’re making this mac and cheese in the crock pot, it couldn’t be any easier. All you have to do is toss the partially cooked macaroni into the crock pot along with all the other ingredients, cover and in two hours you’ll have an amazingly flavorful, thick and creamy mac and cheese! We love having this crock pot mac and cheese by itself or served along with our favorite meals, like this Sloppy Joe Recipe!
CROCK POT MAC AND CHEESE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Cooking meals in the crock pot are one of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table without spending a ton of time in the kitchen. If you’re on the hunt for more crock pot recipes, be sure to check out these 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals and this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup.
This recipe uses both shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Velveeta to make an amazingly creamy and flavorful macaroni and cheese. I decided to cook the macaroni just shy of al dente (I shorted the cooking time by about two minutes) to make sure the macaroni won’t be overcooked by the time the dish is done.
I definitely think it’s important to precook the macaroni just to be sure that it has the right texture once done cooking and that everything combines as it should. It’s one extra step that will make a big difference in the final result.
How to Make Mac and Cheese
- Precook macaroni in a pot of salted boiling water. Cook two minutes less than the directions on the box state in order to account for the time the macaroni will also cook in the crock pot.
- Add macaroni to your slow cooker, then mix with butter, and all remaining ingredients, being sure to stir well.
- Cover. Cook on low for an hour and a half. Then add in remaining shredded cheddar cheese and stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional half hour, garnish with green onions if you’d like before serving, and you’re done!
The holidays are coming up, so this crock pot macaroni and cheese is perfect for any parties, potlucks or get-togethers you may have on the agenda. This recipe makes quite a bit since we’re using a 16 oz. box of pasta, so it’s perfect when you need to feed more than a few people.
Try some of my other favorite crock pot recipes!
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Crock Pot Pizza
- Crock Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Cheese Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Mac and Cheese recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- Grease crock pot with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni to just short of al dente (about 2 minute less than the recommended cook time on the box).
- Drain macaroni, then transfer to slow cooker. Mix macaroni with butter to prevent macaroni from clumping together while cooking.
- Add evaporated milk, whole milk, velveeta cheese, 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover.
- Cook on low for an hour and a half. Then add in remaining shredded cheddar cheese and stir.
- Cover and cook for an additional half hour. Stir well before serving. Garnish with green onions if desired.