Crock-Pot Ranch Mashed Potatoes are the silkiest and creamiest mashed potatoes ever!
Have you ever tried making mashed potatoes in your crock-pot before? If not, you must try it! It really does make the best mashed potatoes. They are incredibly easy to whip up. The best part, you can even whip them in the crock!
I thought why not take your mashed potatoes to a whole new level with ranch. Everyone loves ranch. Besides my husband, of course. Only him.
Real Housemoms TV
A couple of things to remember when making your mashed potatoes in the crock-pot. You do not have to add water to the crock like you typically would with a pot. You heard that right. I told you they were easy. You will want to add your spices after the potatoes have are tender.
You may have heard that cooking your mashed potatoes in the crock-pot will make them gluey. That’s far from the truth, in my experience. The gluey texture is a result in over-beating your mashed potatoes. One thing to keep in mind, is to beat your mashed potatoes with a handheld mixer. You have more control than a stand-up mixer.
Another thing I love doing differently in my mashed potatoes is adding sour cream when I beat them. I still like to add a little milk, but the sour cream makes them silky and creamy.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 packet dried ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley diced
- Place the potatoes in a 2-quart crock-pot and cook for 3 hours on high.
- Add the milk, sour cream, ranch seasoning, black pepper, and parsley on top of the potatoes.
- Beat with a hand mixer until creamy. Serve immediately or turn crock pot to WARM and cover until ready to serve.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!