Creamy, crunchy and delicious these Eggnog Mousse Parfaits are set atop a graham cracker “crust” for a perfect single serving holiday treat!
So one of my favorite times of the year is when eggnog is finally available to buy in stores. My 11-year-old and I seriously go nuts over the stuff and hoard it in this house. We can’t help ourselves. It’s the one holiday indulgence we can’t stay away from. Now besides drinking the tasty nog, we love love love to incorporate it into our recipes as well. I mean who doesn’t love themselves an eggnog spiked treat? I know that every holiday season I wrack my brain for the perfect treat to make with the stuff, and this year’s Eggnog Mousse Parfaits are a winner!
EGGNOG MOUSSE PARFAITS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This year we couldn’t help but want to make mousse. I adore mousse and all its light and airy dessert qualities. It really is the perfect single serving treat for when you want to make your desserts a little more personalized during the holidays.
If there is any way to get your eggnog this year then these Eggnog Mousse Parfaits are just what you need! They are kid friendly which is great because the kids really like they’re own individual desserts, at least my kids do. That way there is no fighting over who gets the biggest piece of what!
And like I mentioned before these bad boys are super simple to make, and let’s face it, this time of year with all the cooking and cleaning we are doing for all those parties; quick and easy is probably the most desired thing around.
So add these Eggnog Mousse Parfaits to your holiday line up! You won’t be disappointed!
Want more eggnog recipes?
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip
- Mini Eggnog Whoppie Pies
- Boozy Eggnog Milkshake
- Eggnog Biscotti
- Eggnog Fudge
- Baked Egg Nog French Toast
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Eggnog Mousse Parfaits recipe
Medium Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I even have a colander for pasta!
Glass Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Hand Mixer: While I love my stand mixer, this handheld mixer is perfect for smaller recipes and when I need just a quick mix.
Dessert Cups: These simple glass cups are great showing off layered desserts. Bonus, they double as cocktail glasses!
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 cup eggnog
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon more for topping
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounce container whipped topping, divided (3 cups homemade cool whip)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Pour eggnog into a medium saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the top, and let sit for about 1 minute.
- Turn heat on medium-low and whisk your eggnog mixture until gelatin has dissolved.
- Whisk in sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into small bowl and whisk in your vanilla, cover and refrigerate until mixture thickens up.
- Once thickened slightly beat with your mixture to add some air and make it a little fluffy.
- Fold in half your container of cool whip until blended, set aside.
- In the bottom of 4 6oz cups or small bowls add 1/4 cup of your graham cracker crumbs, spoon the eggnog mousse over the top, repeat with remaining cups.
- Place back into refrigerator and chill until set and firm.
- Pipe remaining whipped topping over top and sprinkle with extra cinnamon if desired.
OTHER HOLIDAY FAVORITE YOU MAY LIKE:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!