My first pumpkin recipe of the year, and let me tell you it’s a GOOD one. Slutty pumpkin brownies, and I made them even sluttier by adding a thick gooey layer of salted caramel. Becasue if you are going to indulge you may as well really indulge.
This could, quite possibly, be the most ridiculous (but in a good way of course) dessert ever invented. It is ooey, gooey, decadent, and did I mention SO easy to make.
Slutty brownies are nothing new, and the slutty brownie’s evil twin the sluttier brownie – with an added layer of caramel, lets just say they have been on my to-do list for quite some time. But with Halloween just around the corner, and those festive Halloween oreos taunting me, well pumpkin slutty brownies seemed the perfect answer.
You could make your own cookie dough and brownie batter, and your own salted caramel, you could even make your own oreos if you felt the urge to be uber domestic.
Or you could be like me and buy cookie dough, a box of your favorite brownie mix, a jar of salted caramel , and a package of Halloween oreos. Add a can of pumpkin and you are 30 minutes away from dessert heaven my friends.
Let me warn you, the bars are very soft and gooey in the center; if you prefer a less messy brownie, bake them in a 13 x 9 baking pan for 35 – 40 minutes. I happen to LOVE them gooey, but have plenty of napkins ready.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Best Dessert Recipes pin board!
- 1 package of refrigerated ready to bake cookies
- 1 package of Halloween Oreos
- 1 jar of salted caramel sauce
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 can of pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- cooking spray
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- spray a 9 x 9, 8 x 8, or 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with foil and the spray the foil with cooking spray - no not skip this step, they will stick
- combine the brownie mix with the pumpkin
- evenly press the cookie dough into the bottom of your baking pan
- gently press the oreos into the cookie dough layer
- top with the salted caramel sauce - use as much or as little of the jar as you like - I used about 1 cup caramel
- spread the brownie batter over the caramel
- bake at 350 degrees 30 - 35 minutes for the 9 x 9 pan or 40 minutes for the 8 x 8
- cool bars completely before cutting