GREEN BEANS WITH HONEY PECAN BUTTER AND CRANBERRIES are the perfect balance of crunchy, tangy, and sweet that you will want to eat year-round!
I feel like green beans get a bad rap. Poor green beans. Maybe because more often than not they are drowned in thick cream of mushroom soup that you only eat once a year. But these aren’t your grandmother’s green beans. No offense grandma. But these beans are crispy, fresh and so flavorful that they are not just a Thanksgiving recipe and they are easy too!
After you blanch your green beans, you saute them in Honey Pecan Butter that is a mixture of processed pecans, butter, honey and splashes of Dijon and balsamic vinegar for tangy, salty, sweet, crunchy, crispy, and sprinkle in some feta for some creamy and you have the perfect green beans!
These Green Beans with Honey Pecan Butter are going to become a year-round favorite dinner side, favorite side to impress company and favorite side when you simply crave crisp, tender green beans. Happy Thanksgiving and happy delicious green beans all year round!
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water. Set aside.
- Add pecans to food processor and process until finely ground (or crush in a plastic bag). Add remaining Pecan Honey Butter ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add beans and Pecan Honey Butter and continue to saute until beans are evenly coated in the butter and beans are cooked to desired crisp-tenderness.
- Stir in dried cranberries. Taste and season with plenty of additional freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with Feta if desired.
You might also like: