Years ago we didn’t really have breakfast on Christmas morning. We would get up early with the kids and open presents but it would take forever because it would be the entire family and then we’d all fend for ourselves. Then I discovered baked french toast easy casserole recipes. It’s perfect for holiday mornings. They’re a make ahead breakfast that really impresses guests. There are just so many tasty versions and it’s so simple! Mix, cover, refrigerate and bake the next morning.
Now, when the kids get up we tell them to hang out in their rooms with their stockings while we make sure that Santa is gone. You don’t want to catch Santa and have him take back the presents because you weren’t asleep, right? So we head downstairs, set up the camera, make the coffee and pop the french toast into the oven. We settle in open some presents and close to the end the toast is ready and we have a tasty breakfast.
Real Housemoms TV
I can’t believe we’re just 4 days from Christmas! What are your Christmas morning traditions?
- in a large bowl combine eggs, egg nog, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla
- toss in bread cubes and cover completely
- place in a greased baking dish evenly and pour any remaining egg nog mixture
- cover the dish and place in the fridge overnight or eight hours
- mix brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl
- uncover french toast and sprinkle top of even layer of cinnamon brown sugar
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- bake for 45 minutes uncovered
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!