Easy Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole is filled with eggs, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. It’s a comforting breakfast you’ll want to make again and again!
Easy Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole is a crowd-pleasing brunch recipe perfect for Christmas morning! Or just because you’re craving this simple breakfast. It’s packed full of protein and veggies, so it’s filling enough to keep you satiated until your next meal.
It’s so flavorful, you might just want to eat this healthy breakfast casserole for every meal. Good news! You totally can! Want more egg brunch recipes? Whip up some Eggs Benedict.
SIMPLE SPINACH & TOMATO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I am all about super easy and “better for you” breakfast ideas. Especially ones that my kids will devour. That’s why I love this easy Breakfast Casserole recipe. Everyone in my family loves it!
I get to feel good knowing I’m serving up a tasty breakfast that’s healthy and that also feeds a crowd easily.
Ingredients in Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole
- A dozen eggs
- Melted butter
- Fresh spinach
- Roasted tomatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
I like to use small curd cottage cheese in this recipe. It adds a super creamy consistency to the egg mixture and packs in extra protein to keep you satisfied!
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
- First, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next grease the inside of a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure the bottom and all sides are well coated so that your casserole doesn’t stick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs along with the rest of your casserole ingredients. Then pour the mixture into your greased baking dish.
- Bake your casserole at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Lower your oven’s temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes longer. When it’s lightly browned on top and the middle is set, it’s ready.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, allow it to cool a bit before cutting.
How to Serve Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole
There are lots of great ways to top this easy breakfast casserole! If you need some ideas, try one or more of these:
- Freshly sliced avocados
- Cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or cotija are great compliments for this recipe)
- Sour cream
Can you freeze breakfast casserole?
Absolutely! Freezing breakfast casseroles is a fantastic way to meal prep, and store away a delicious and healthy breakfast for later. Since this Spinach & Tomato Casserole doesn’t have meat in it, you can freeze it unbaked for up to 2 months.
Consider pouring the casserole ingredients into a disposable aluminum pan to free up your bakeware. Cover it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Be sure to mark the date on the top or the pan.
When you want to make this easy breakfast casserole, take it out of the freezer. Then thaw your casserole in the fridge overnight and pop it in the oven the next morning!
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST CASSEROLES TO TRY!
Breakfast casseroles are so simple to make and perfect for a busy school morning, brunch with friends or the holidays like Christmas or Easter! Here are more of my favorites for you to try!
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- Breakfast Casserole with Hash Browns
- Breakfast Casserole with Ham
Try some of my other favorite egg-tastic breakfast recipes!
- Tomato Arugula Goat Cheese Frittata
- Overnight Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
- Spinach, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bites
- Spanish Tortilla
- Egg Muffins
- More BREAKFAST recipes…
Tools used to make Simple Spinach & Tomato Breakfast Casserole
Whisk: This whisk is the perfect tool for making sauces, gravies, and fillings right on the stovetop.
Casserole Dish: This 9-inch x 13-inch glass dish is one of my favorite pieces of bakeware. Bonus: it comes with a lid so you can easily transport casseroles to your next potluck.
*This post originally posted on 05/07/2017.
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes chopped
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Avocado sliced
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Sour cream
- Fresh chives thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan by greasing sides and bottom of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, flour, tomatoes, spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-minutes. Cut into 12 slices and serve warm. Top with additional toppings if desired.
Try these other tasty brunch recipes!