This Strawberry Feta Salad with Light Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is absolutely perfect for summer! Your summer BBQs and picnics need this salad!
So, I’m absolutely obsessed with salads. Especially in the summer. They give me the illusion that I can have an extra cocktail after the kids go to bed. (I know I’m wrong, but let’s pretend I’m not, mmmmkay?)
I’m also obsessed with adding strawberries to my recipes. They are so delicious and they taste just like summer! So why not combine the two, right?
Real Housemoms TV
This salad is made 10x better with this Light Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. It’s made with Truvia’s baking blend, which I absolutely love and add to my coffee each morning. It cuts down on the calories, but keeps the sweetness.
You’re going to love it!
- For Salad
- 1 lb. baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 a small red onion sliced thin
- 4 oz reduced fat feta cheese
- For Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- 2 tsps diced red onion
- 2 TBSPs Truvia Baking Blend or 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP poppy seeds
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a blender combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, red onion, baking blend, and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and blend until well combined. Add in the poppy seeds and blend until just combined.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side, allowing guests to add as much as they like.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!