Have you ever thought something will taste good and then you make it and it’s even better than you expected? That’s what happened with this pizza. It was so amazing! I’ve had a pear and Gorgonzola pizza before but I added mozzarella also and it created this buttery, creamy taste. The pear and dried apricots add a sweet flavor that totally works with the saltiness of the Gorgonzola. Then. What did I do to top it off you ask. I drizzled honey over the top when it came out of the oven. The heat of the pizza thins out the honey and it runs all over. Oh. My. Gosh!!! So awesome.
Real Housemoms TV
This dish would make a great, quick appetizer. I used the dough from the Easy Peasey Pizza Dough Breadsticks. It comes together so fast and only has to rest for 10 minutes after it’s all been mixed together. You could even mix it up ahead of time and wrap it in plastic wrap. Just be sure to allow it to come to room temp before you bake it off. The rest of the ingredients are so simple you can just sprinkle them on and bake. I’m telling you this has to be a must make for your next party.
- 1 dough ball using the Easy Peasey Pizza Dough Breadsticks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt divided
- 1 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 5 oz. Gorgonzola cheese crumbles.
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 1/2 dried apricots quartered
- honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450
- once dough is room temp and has rested for 10 min roll or stretch out to desired size (I make a rectangle when serving as an appetizer)
- drizzle olive oil over the dough and sprinkle with 1/2 t salt
- bake for 10 min
- add an even layer of mozzarella cheese then top with an even layer of Gorgonzola cheese
- lay the pear slices over the top in a single layer and then sprinkle with the apricots
- place back in the oven for 10 to 15 min or until crust is golden.
- remove from oven and immediately drizzle honey over the top. (as much as you'd like)
- sprinkle with remaining salt
- allow to cool for 5 min then slice and serve!