TACO LETTUCE WRAPS are a healthier way to eat your favorite food!
Over the summer, my husband and I decided to go on a diet. We watched what we were eating and counting our calories. We each did really well and were pretty strict. Of course over the last month, our calorie counting went out the window. There were too many yummy treats to indulge in. 🙂 But we are ready to start back up in the new year. One of the meals that was our go to were these taco lettuce wraps. I loved that we could still have one of our favorites, tacos, but have a healthier option. Plus it’s a really simple and easy meal to make. I’ve even been known to serve them for healthy snacks recipes!
I like to use ground turkey meat for my taco lettuce wraps. It’s a leaner and fewer calories. But if you like ground beef, I say, go for it! You could always use a package of taco seasoning that you already have on hand to make this meal even quicker and easier.
- 1.25 pounds ground meat I like turkey
- 2 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 lettuce cups
- Added toppings:
- diced tomato
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- In a pan on medium high heat, brown ground meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Place back on stove and add all spices and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix all together and when it starts boiling, turn heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, let simmer for 15 mins.
- While meat is cooking, prepare your lettuce cups and toppings.
- Once meat is done, fill taco lettuce wraps and add toppings.
- taco lettuce wraps per serving.
While my husband and I eat the taco lettuce wraps, my kids have been loving these taco baked potatoes.
Another one of my favorite healthy meals we enjoyed this summer were these foil dinner packets.