Pineapple Casserole is a delicious side dish and is especially perfect with ham! It is easy to make and is great for the holidays!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Who loves pineapple? My family and I sure do. This Pineapple Casserole is a perfect side dish, especially with ham! When I spent an Easter with my husband’s family years ago, my mother-in-law introduced me to this super yummy casserole. I kept going back to the table to get another piece. It has been at many family gatherings since then and I enjoy it every time!
I lucked out and my mother-in-law just gave me a big pile of her family recipes, including a squash casserole like this one. I am so excited to try all of them, but I started with this side dish last night. I was making ham and thought it would be a great addition to the meal. My husband, son, and I each ate a large portion! I may have even eaten some cold from the fridge the next morning. It’s that good!
Casserole Side Dishes for Family Dinner!
I love making casseroles for the side dishes holiday dinners, like Thanksgiving or Easter! They always taste incredible and make dinner so simple! I love that I can get them ahead of time so all I have to do it put them in the oven. That means I can spend more time with my family and less in the kitchen. Here are some of my favorites for you to check out!
- Yellow Squash Casserole
- Broccoli Casserole
- Pineapple Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 8 pieces white bread cubed (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat the eggs really well and add to the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the drained pineapple and stir to combine.
- Add the cubed bread and mix everything really well.
- Grease an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish (or 9-inch x 13-inch - see notes).
- Pour casserole mixture into the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve warm or cold.