ROASTED HONEY GINGER BEETS AND WINTER SQUASH are simple roasted vegetables with a to die for dressing! Everything in this dish is good for you and there’s no skimping on flavor!
Eating healthy doesn’t mean eating tasteless food. If you’re trying to start the year off right by eating right, these vegetables are the perfect accompaniment to any fish or meat dish. I enjoyed them with my healthy teriyaki salmon and it was a lovely satisfying meal.
Real Housemoms TV
Beets are best roasted in my opinion. In fact, I think any vegetable is. I don’t remember the last time I steamed or boiled a vegetable (except for potatoes). In this dish, the beets are paired with butternut squash, but any Winter squash you like will work. A simple dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, freshly grated ginger, fresh dill, fresh rosemary, salt & pepper is drizzled over the vegetables. They are then sealed into foil pouches and roasted for 40 minutes. To serve, toasted walnuts are added for a nutty crunch. Fresh, clean, colorful and so good for you.
- 1 pound beets peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound squash peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces toasted walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread out 2 double sheets of foil, about 16 inches long. They are doubled because the vegetables give off liquid and this prevents leaks.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, honey, ginger, rosemary, dill, salt, pepper. Whisk to mix well and set aside.
- Place beets onto one sheet of foil and squash on the other.
- Drizzle half the dressing over both vegetables.
- Seal the foil securely.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before opening to prevent steam burns.
- Serve garnished with walnuts.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!