Sweet Bacon Tator Tots combine bacon, tater tots, brown sugar, and chili powder for a delicious and sweet appetizer that everyone will enjoy!
I am pretty sure you all know my love for bacon by now. I make a lot of appetizers with bacon and these Sweet Bacon Tater Tots were an amazing new recipe to try! With football season starting, it was the perfect time to whip up a batch of bacon tater tots!
SWEET BACON TATER TOTS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Our friends had us over for a party the other night. So of course, I had to make something with bacon! In all honesty, I would have made this tater tots recipe even if it hadn’t been National Bacon Day. They were calling my name something fierce!
We get together with this group of friends a lot and you can guarantee that at least one of us makes something with bacon. I also had a special request to make my Layered Ranch Dip and both appetizers were a huge hit! The kids enjoyed the bacon wrapped tater tots as well.
These tater tots are so easy to make! The method is a little different than the regular tater tots cooking instructions, but the combination of bacon wrapped tater tots & brown sugar is heavenly! You can even serve them alongside some homemade ranch dressing or super thick and creamy blue cheese dressing for dipping!
Want more easy bacon appetizers?
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Bacon and Rotel Cups
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bombs
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Sweet Bacon Tater Tots recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Cooling Rack: I keep a few of these cooling racks in my kitchen so I’m ready for any recipe I want to bake.
Small Bowl: These bowls are great for serving up ice cream, mixing ingredients, or serving up dips!
- 50 - 55 tater tots at room temperature
- 16- ounce package bacon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the pan.
- Remove the bacon from its package, keeping it all together. Cut the strips in half, and then cut each half in half to create quarter length strips.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and chili powder until well combined.
- Wrap each tater tot in bacon and then roll it in the brown sugar mixture. Place wrapped tater tots on top of the cooling rack. (The rack will allow the bacon to crisp up on all sides.)
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 375. Then increase the temperature to 400 degrees F and cook another 5 minutes
- Check to see if the bacon has crisped up, you may need to leave them in 5 minutes longer to reach the desired crispiness. Check frequently at this point so they don't burn
- Carefully remove from the oven. Repeat with the remaining tater tots as needed. Serve warm.