These four-ingredient Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bombs are super easy to make and are the perfect comfort food for game day fun or a get together with friends!
I can think of no food I love more than ooey gooey melty cheese bombs. They are so incredibly easy to make and with the jalapeno and bacon, they have the ultimate combination of spicy, salty, cheesy, crunchy yumminess that any two-bite appetizer deserves.
The photo above is what I call the ultimate trifecta of YUM and it consists of crunchy delicious perfectly cooked bacon, vibrant green spicy fresh jalapeno, and cheese of any variety. If you want to go for the soft and stretchy ooey gooey cheese that I mentioned above, mozzarella is the way to go.
Now, it takes a little skill and a little patience to squeeze all of those ingredients into the dough, but give yourself a good pep talk because you can do it. People will tell you that it doesn’t get any easier than popping open a can of biscuit dough. While some may argue that it is a terrifying experience. I grew up in the mountains at a very high altitude and have developed a very real phobia of opening paper-wrapped canisters of premade dough, but I mentally prepared myself for the challenge because I knew you would love these cheese bombs.
I had some bacon and jalapeno left over that I just couldn’t squeeze inside of the cheese bombs so I just took the finished dough balls and rolled them in the left overs. I’m so glad I did because it not only looked pretty and gave me more bacon and jalapeno to eat, but it warned everyone that some spicy jalapeno lay resting inside which scared away the anti-spicy folks (and left more for me to shove in my mouth).
Don’t you just want to reach into your screen and grab one? YUM. Soooo good!
- 16 ounces bacon
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough (8 large biscuits)
- 6 ounces part skim, low moisture mozzarella cheese cut into 16 small pieces
- 3 large jalapenos seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towle-lined plate to drain. Once cool enough to handle, finely dice ro crumble the bacon. Set aside.
- Split each of the 8 biscuits in half to make 16 flat disks. Divide cheese into 16 equal portions.
- One biscuit at a time, add chunk of cheese and about 1/2 a teaspoon of bacon and jalapeno on dough and then wrap ends around to create a ball. Be sure to fully seal.
- Once all the balls have formed, dip each ball in any remaining bacon and jalapeno. Place on the prepared baking sheet with the bacon dipped side facing up.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-15. Serve immediately so the cheese is nice and melty.
If you love bacon jalapeno cheesy goodness, be sure to check out this bacon jalapeno mac n cheese: