Bite-size bacon jalapeno cheese bombs are bursting with flavor and stringy melty cheese, the perfect appetizer!
Fresh crispy bacon pairs up with melty creamy cheese, jalapenos, and soft bread to make the ultimate snack bite recipe. You will love these even more than my son’s favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Why You’ll Love Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Bombs
There are plenty of reasons to love this jalapeno cheese bomb recipe, but my two favorites are the fact that is made of bacon and cheese!
- This recipe only needs 4 ingredients, and they’re things I pretty much always have in the fridge. So I can whip up a bathc of cheese bombs anytime!
- You can prep these yummy little bites ahead of time and back them later. Which is perfect when you’re party prepping for friends and family.
Other Recipes to Serve with Cheese Bombs
- Jalapeno Lime Chicken Wings – Bring the heat and the zing with these delicious wings! They go great with these cheese bombs on game day!
- Warm Chorizo Beer Cheese Dip – Warm things up in a different way by making a delicious beer cheese dip with spicy sausage. One bite and you’ll be hooked!
Bacon: Grab your favorite cut of bacon, I like thick center-cut myself, and cook it up nice and crispy. I would skip thick-cut bacon for this recipe so that you can get LOTS of bacon bits in each cheese bomb.
Biscuit Dough: You will need the 16 oz can with 8 large biscuits, not the $1 tubes with those little biscuits. Just be sure to grab the butter or old-fashioned flavored biscuits. The honey ones are yummy, but not what you need for this recipe.
Cheese: My favorite melty and stringy cheese to use is mozzarella, but you can use a good pepper jack, Monterrey jack, or any other melty cheese variety you love.
How to Make Bacon Jalalpeno Cheese Bombs
To get things started, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper or a silicone mat, and then set it aside for now.
STEP ONE: Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s nice and crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate with some paper towels on it to drain the grease. Once it’s cool, dice the bacon and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Take the biscuits out of the can and split each one in half to make 16 flat circles. Place the circles on your prepared baking sheet. Then add a piece of cheese along with some bacon and jalapeno on top of each dough circle.
STEP THREE: Wrap the edges of the dough over the filling to create a ball. Just be sure you seal all the edges so the cheese doesn’t melt out. Then I like to roll the tops of the bombs in more bacon and jalapeno.
STEP FOUR: Bake the bombs for 10-15 minutes until they’re nice and golden. Pop the baking sheet out of the oven and serve them warm to the cheese inside is all melty still.
Tips for Success
- It takes a little patience to squeeze all of those ingredients into the dough. Give yourself a quick pep talk because you can do it, don’t worry! Working quickly helps to get the dough all tucked in around the filling nicely.
- You can use pizza dough instead of biscuit dough if you prefer. Just roll out the pizza dough and cut out 16 dough rounds that are about 3 inches in diameter.
- You can add some melted garlic butter brushed on top of the finished bites. It’s pretty amazing.
Are Cheese Bombs Keto?
This version is not since we’re using pre-made biscuit dough. However, if you want to swap out for your favorite fathead dough recipe, then these cheese bombs would fall into the low-carb category. Then just follow the note above to make your dough rounds.
Other Bacon Jalapeno Recipes I Know You’ll Love!
- Bacon Jalapeno Fry Sauce
- Cheese and Bacon Jalapeno Rellenos
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- Bacon Jalapeno Baked Potato Soup
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Shells
*This post originally published on 07/05/2015.
- 16 ounces bacon
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough (8 large biscuits)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into 16 small pieces
- 3 large jalapenos seeded and minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towle-lined plate to drain. Once cool enough to handle, finely dice ro crumble the bacon. Set aside.
- Split each of the 8 biscuits in half to make 16 flat disks. Divide cheese into 16 equal portions.
- One biscuit at a time, add chunk of cheese and about 1/2 a teaspoon of bacon and jalapeno on dough and then wrap ends around to create a ball. Be sure to fully seal the dough so the cheese doesn't seep out.
- Once all the balls have formed, dip the top of each ball in any remaining bacon and jalapeno. Place on the prepared baking sheet with the bacon dipped side facing up.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately so the cheese is nice and melty.
Lori L Hernandez says
Fantastic and so delish!!!! Perfect idea for a side and appetizer. Kids will benefit from learning easy and fun to do in the kitchen and this is one dish that is perfect for that, if they don’t like the jalapenos they can easily be deleted and they will have loads of fun learning how to cook. Thank you!!
Aubrey Cota says
Thank you, Lori!
These look so yummy! I bet they’d be good with a berry type dipping sauce!