Jalapeno Lime Chicken Wings are sweet and spicy baked wings perfect for parties or watching the big game. A unique flavor everyone will love!
We are a family that loves wings, whether they are ordered at a restaurant or made at home. One would think making the perfect chicken wing wasn’t a hard concept, but you’d be surprised how many poorly done wings there are out there. I firmly believe people get too fancy. Instead, we like to focus on simplicity. These Jalapeno Lime Chicken Wings are a little sweet, a little spicy, and big on flavor! A crave-able combination for any wing lover.
JALAPENO LIME CHICKEN WINGS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
You’d also be supposed how many really yucky “flavors,” and I use that term loosely, are offered. A local restaurant offers 100 varieties, yet at least 80 of them aren’t appetizing at all. Guac Wings? Really? It is a chicken wing with store-bought guacamole smothered on top. Finding good flavor combinations can be just as challenging as finding a well done wing.
While at a recent food show, I had a new flavor that I fell in love with: Jalapeno Lime. What wasn’t mentioned and the flavor that really married it all together was honey.
Citrus from lime, heat from fresh jalapeno, all balanced with honey. Simple and delicious. Another bonus: these wings were baked instead of fried.
To get the crispest chicken possible in the oven, rinse and pat dry hours or even a day before making Jalapeno Lime Wings. Place them, uncovered, in the refrigerator, leaving the skin exposed to the cold temperature. This technique also works on any skin-on chicken and even duck and goose.
The simple dry rub will also help crisp up the skin. The jalapeno lime sauce is added last to prevent it from sogging up your hard work. You can even make the chicken in advance, just heating up chicken and tossing the sauce when you are ready to serve.
Want more chicken wing recipes?
- Jerk Chicken Wings
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Jalapeno Lime Wings recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Jalapeno Lime Sauce:
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely minced
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- Additional jalapeno slices
- Cayenne pepper
- Cilantro minced
- If time permits, prepare chicken wings and drums by rinsing, patting dry and allowing to sit in the refrigerator uncovered. This will help get the skin nice and crispy. Place in the fridge for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a rimmed baking sheet with a small amount of cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, fine sea salt and pepper. Toss with chicken and spread in an even layer onto rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice and honey. Whisk well. Toss with chicken.
- Return entire mixture back to the rimmed baking sheet and increase oven temperature to high broil. Watch closely and broil only until chicken start to brown. Remove.
- If desired, garnish with additional jalapeno slices, minced cilantro and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!