This sticky, sweet wing sauce is the secret to the best Honey BBQ Chicken Wings your friends and family have ever tasted!
Incredibly simple Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are seasoned and grilled to perfection before being covered in a sweet and savory homemade honey BBQ wing sauce. This easy recipe will taste as if it comes straight from your favorite sports bar without the long lines at the bathroom!
MASTER TAKE-OUT WINGS AT HOME
In my family, we watch a lot of football, so naturally, I make a lot of snack foods to munch on during the games throughout the season. I’m most proud of my mastery of these simple Honey BBQ Chicken Wings. My family can’t get enough of these sweet, sticky wings.
The best wings come in many different flavors, like mild and flavorful Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or spicy, tangy Jalapeno Lime Chicken Wings!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- Homemade Ranch Dressing – This creamy, homemade dressing is great on a salad and also the perfect dip for all your wings!
- Super Thick & Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing – This super thick blue cheese dressing is my personal favorite for dipping wings, carrots sticks and celery.
Chicken: This recipe calls for 3 pounds of chicken wings. I always use fresh chicken wings over frozen ones.
Seasoning: Toss the wings in a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Sauce: This masterful wing sauce is a simple combination of honey, honey barbecue sauce and Frank’s BBQ Hot Sauce.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the grill to high heat. While the grill heats, toss the chicken wings in a mix of 1 teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of pepper, one teaspoon of onion powder, and one teaspoon of garlic powder. Once the wings are coated, place them on the grill and lower the heat to medium.
STEP TWO: Turn the wings once the first side turns golden brown and no longer sticks to the grill. The chicken wings are cooked until the other side is golden brown and the juices run clear.
STEP THREE: While the chicken wings cook, combine 1/2 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of honey barbecue sauce, and 1/2 cup of Frank’s BBQ Hot Sauce in a small pan and heat it until it warms.
STEP FOUR: Once the chicken wings are cooked, remove them from the grill and transfer them into a large bowl. Pour the warmed sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve Honey BBQ Chicken Wings with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks for dipping.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- If you buy whole wings, make sure to break them into wingettes and drumettes and discard the wing tips before using them for this recipe.
- To check if your wings are done, place an instant-read meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT CHICKEN WINGS
If you have leftover chicken wings, get them into an airtight container and into the fridge ASAP. They will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to reheat Honey BBQ Chicken Wings, remove them from the fridge and let them come up to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet. Reheat the wings for 10-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through if desired.
HOW CAN I MAKE BONELESS HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
Making boneless chicken wings is pretty simple. Upon request, mostly from my kids when they were younger, I would cut strips of boneless, skinless chicken breast, dip them in an egg and buttermilk mixture and coat them in a seasoned flour mixture. I would then fry them and toss them in the same honey BBQ sauce I used for the chicken wings. But I can’t pretend I haven’t gone the route of using frozen chicken nuggets for my kids. I’m only human!
OTHER CROWD PLEASING APPETIZERS
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Warm and Cheesy Crack Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Layered Nacho Dip
- Sheet Pan Nachos
*This post was originally posted on 08/13/2013.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup honey barbecue sauce
- ½ cup Frank's Buffalo 'N BBQ Thick Hot Sauce
- Ranch dressing for serving
- Blue cheese dressing for serving
- Celery sticks for serving
- Carrot sticks for serving
- Preheat your grill on high heat. (You can also use a grill pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.)
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Toss them with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder until they're evenly seasoned.
- Place the wings on the hot grill and lower the heat to medium. Flip the wings once the first side is golden brown and no longer sticks to the grill. Cook until juices run clear and the second side is golden brown.
- While the wings cook, combine the honey, barbecue sauce, and Frank's sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the cooked chicken wings to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve warm with a side of ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks.
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl says
I am so excited for these wings! Pinning!
Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home says
Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home
Oh my gosh! These look amazing!
I can’t wait to try them out on my family.
Thanks for sharing!