Honey and barbecue wing sauce combine to top HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS! These are perfect for your family or tailgating party!
I love football. I started watching when I was little living in Texas. It’s not possible to live in Texas and not be a football fan. I remember going to watch the Cowboys play and I was hooked. The only thing that can make watching the game better would be having some amazing food to go along with it! I love that I have an excuse every weekend to make (and eat) a new yummy recipe. There are a few things that are staples at football season, like chicken wings. We LOVE chicken wings big time in my family. Even my kids love them, especially Honey BBQ Chicken Wings.
A couple of years ago one of my husband’s friends came out to visit and he made us Honey BBQ Chicken Wings and we loved them. I tried to recreate them with this recipe and I think these are pretty close. What makes them amazing is that they are grilled. When you get wings from a restaurant they’re fried then tossed in the wing sauce. This makes the skin crispy but it adds a lot of extra calories. When you make them in the oven you don’t get the same crispness. Grilling adds a great flavor and the skin gets nice and crispy without the frying. These aren’t hot so every member of the family can enjoy them or anyone at your party!
- preheat grill on high heat
- toss chicken wings with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder
- place on grill and lower to med heat
- turn after first side is golden brown and no longer sticks to the grill
- cook until juices run clear and the second side is golden brown
- while chicken grills, combine honey, barbecue sauce and Frank's in a small sauce pan and warm
- remove chicken once cooked to a large bowl
- cover and toss with sauce
- serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.