Honey and barbecue wing sauce combine to top HONEY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS! These are perfect for your family or tailgating party!
I love football. I started watching when I was little living in Texas. It’s not possible to live in Texas and not be a football fan. I remember going to watch the Cowboys play and I was hooked. The only thing that can make watching the game better would be having some amazing food to go along with it! I love that I have an excuse every weekend to make (and eat) a new yummy recipe. There are a few things that are staples at football season, like chicken wings. We LOVE chicken wings big time in my family. Even my kids love them, especially Honey BBQ Chicken Wings.
Real Housemoms TV
A couple of years ago one of my husband’s friends came out to visit and he made us Honey BBQ Chicken Wings and we loved them. I tried to recreate them with this recipe and I think these are pretty close. What makes them amazing is that they are grilled. When you get wings from a restaurant they’re fried then tossed in the wing sauce. This makes the skin crispy but it adds a lot of extra calories. When you make them in the oven you don’t get the same crispness. Grilling adds a great flavor and the skin gets nice and crispy without the frying. These aren’t hot so every member of the family can enjoy them or anyone at your party!
- preheat grill on high heat
- toss chicken wings with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder
- place on grill and lower to med heat
- turn after first side is golden brown and no longer sticks to the grill
- cook until juices run clear and the second side is golden brown
- while chicken grills, combine honey, barbecue sauce and Frank's in a small sauce pan and warm
- remove chicken once cooked to a large bowl
- cover and toss with sauce
- serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.