GRILLED HONEY HOT WINGS are essential for a perfect game day spread! These are the perfect mix of sweet and spicy!
Wings are a big hit in my house! Even the kids get in on the awesomeness that is a chicken wing!!! They make great game day food! You can have a wing in one hand and a beer in the other and you’re ready to go! For me sweet and spicy just go together. The sweetness really cuts down on the spice, making it easier for my little guys to eat.
When I made these for the family my husband couldn’t stop eating them and my son told me they were the best wings he’s ever had. Talk about a win! You could add some cayenne pepper to the chicken when you season with the salt and pepper, if you’d like to make it more spicy. For game day I don’t go too spicy because I never know what other people’s heat tolerance is going to be so I let the heat sauce do the spice! Make sure to make a big batch of these wings because they’ll go fast!
- 2 lbs. chicken wings tips discarded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- Serve with Super Thick and Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- preheat the grill to medium high heat
- toss the chicken wings with salt, pepper and onion powder
- place on the grill and cook until juices run clear, about 20-30 minutes
- while wings are grilling, in a large mixing bowl combine the honey, butter, hot sauce and garlic
- pull the wings from the grill and toss them in the honey hot sauce mixture
- place back on the grill and cook another few minutes to thicken the sauce
- toss again in the honey sauce and serve with Super Thick and Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Aubrey, loving these wings! My boys would be diggin’ these, as well! So happy you shared these grilled honey goodness with all of us at the Show Stopper this week… you rock!
julie @White Lights on Wednesday says
I love honey hot wings! They’re my favorite!!