If you can slice and load potatoes with crispy bacon and shredded cheese then you can make these CRISPY LOADED POTATO STACKS! They are perfect as a side dish or serve them at your next party!
Before we get into more details of these loaded potato stacks, I think I have to tell you a little bit about my cooking style. So my cooking style is easy, quick, and delicious meals the entire family will enjoy. I thought I should explain that because these crispy loaded potato stacks look fancy, but let me tell you, friends, they are so easy! I have seen them all over Pinterest and thought they took way too long, and I’m here to say – nope, not hard at all.
So what makes these crispy loaded potato skins stand out over dicing them and loaded them up? Each way takes almost the same amount of time with the same cooking temperature. I think these loaded potato stacks are fancier-looking and prettier to eat. The best part, you can even serve them as an appetizer because they are so poppable. I may have eaten way too many when taking the photos. Oops! If you decide to serve them at a party, I would recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe.
Real Housemoms TV
Since these potato slices have to be around 2mm thick, I recommend also using a mandolin. I thought I had one laying around, but I didn’t. I used a very sharp knife instead, and it did take a little longer than using a mandolin. Either way, still easy!
Before we get to the recipe, I should mention it’s best to pre-cook your bacon ahead of time because you will need at least three slices diced for the middle of the potatoes. We can never have enough bacon of cheese, right? Once they are finished baking, you can load them up with your favorite toppings. I used sour cream, more bacon, and green onions. Seriously, so good!
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small white or yellow potatoes sliced into 2mm thick slices
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place one potato slice into each muffin hole and brush with the butter mixture. Repeat until the potato stacks are halfway up the muffin tin.
- Place half the bacon and spread evenly onto each potato stack.
- Place 1/2 of the cheese evenly on top of the bacon.
- Place one potato slice on top of the cheese on each potato stack and brush with the butter mixture. Repeat until all of the potato slices <g class="gr_ gr_78 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar multiReplace" id="78" data-gr-id="78">have</g> been used.
- Brush the last potato stack with the butter mixture.
- Lightly cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Allow the potato stacks to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, gently remove with a spoon and loaded them with sour cream, bacon, and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!