This spicy and delicious baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is terrific and has the perfect blend of cheese, ranch and hot sauce! Your guests will empty the bowl before you know it! I love to have it as a dip and then in lettuce rolls for a fantastic low carb/keto recipe!
I’m eating a keto diet right now! It’s a low carb, high fat diet so I get to eat cheese, glorious cheese! I’m feeling great and loving it! My mind feels so much more clear, and I have so much more energy! I love making all kinds of low carb recipes! There are so many options that taste good and don’t leave me feeling like I’m missing out! This baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of those.
It’s starting to get warm and sunny outside again here in Portland! Spring and summer is the time of year that I love to start hosting! We’re still working on projects inside my house, but the backyard is incredible! It’s like living with a forest park in the yard. Once it warms up, I love to have our friends over for drinks and food by the firepit, or cards out back. I typically cook too much food, so I found it’s best for me to make a bunch of different appetizers for everyone. That way we get a bit of everything. There’s so much to try.
Let’s be honest, when you have a few drinks, and you’re having a great time with friends you just want to pick here and there. It’s more casual than sitting down to a big dinner! Plus, if you’re having a lot of friends over you can have them all bring an appetizer! It takes some of the pressure off of you, and everyone gets to try something new!
Real Housemoms TV
When I’m thinking about what to serve at a party, I always like to have a dip, a cheese plate, a bite and a sweet treat! So Buffalo Chicken Dip would be great along with a cheese plate, maybe a tasty deviled egg and brownie bites! You can serve celery sticks with the buffalo chicken dip and maybe tortillas and little toasts or crackers. Think of something sturdy because this is a thick dip with all that chicken! Try this menu next time you throw a summer party with friends!
I love the spicy, tangy flavor of buffalo hot sauce! When I’m cutting out the carbs, I have to make sure that my food has a lot of great flavors. If I’m eating mild food and no carbs I’ll walk away from the table so unsatisfied. Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes like Buffalo chicken wings without the mess! It has the delicious spicy flavor of the buffalo sauce with ranch dressing, and then you add to that cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and green onions and you’ve hit it out of the park!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is thick enough that you can eat it on crackers OR you could put it in a lettuce cup for a low carb or keto lunch! That’s what my husband and I will sometimes do! I can’t do sandwiches for lunch! They just don’t fill me up, and now that I’m doing this keto diet I can’t have the bread! I have even put it in a salad for a delicious dinner!
Other ways to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- I baked this Buffalo Chicken Dip in the oven, but you could easily make it in a slow cooker! I would change the chicken to precooked chicken and then just put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until all the cheeses are melted.
- You could bring the cook time down to 20 minutes if you used cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken in the baked version as well!
- I’ve even made this with blue cheese dressing instead of the ranch, and I really like the way that tastes! My kids aren’t big blue cheese fans, so we’ve made it with ranch dressing and then topped ours with blue cheese crumbles, and that’s great too! You could even substitute Jack cheese or cheddar cheese for the mozzarella, and that would be great!
- You could get everything ready to go in the oven the day before you plan to serve it. Store it in an airtight container and then pop it in the oven minutes before your guests arrive, so it’s warm and bubbly when they get there!
Summer Cocktail Party Menu
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheese Plate
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Chewy Brownie Bites
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Punch
- Raspberry Peach Lemonade Punch
More Great Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Bacon Cheeseball
- 10 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup buffalo style hot sauce see notes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 chicken breasts thawed
- 1-2 green onions thinly sliced (optional)
- tortilla chips optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Boil the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes
- Shred the chicken
- Put the cream cheese in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish
- Stir until it is smooth
- Add the ranch dressing, buffalo style hot sauce, and mozzarella cheese
- Stir until everything is mixed together well
- Stir in the shredded chicken
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the dip is heated throughout
- Stir again
- Add the sliced green onions on top
- Dip and enjoy!
If you would like a more mild dip, use 1/2 cup of the buffalo style hot sauce.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!