This spicy and delicious baked Buffalo Chicken Dip has the perfect blend of cheese, ranch & hot sauce! Your guests will empty the bowl before you know it!
Every time I make Buffalo Chicken Dip it is GONE by the end of the night! Whether it’s for a Super Bowl Party or cocktails with friends we’ve got you covered! Serve it up with some Strawberry and Lime Moscato Punch and Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders and you will have the perfect night!
This baked Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic that everyone needs a good recipe for. Not only does it taste just like Buffalo chicken wings without the mess (like my Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread), but it’s a great low carb appetizer everyone can enjoy.
You’ll get the delicious spicy flavor of the buffalo sauce with ranch dressing all in one dish, and then you add to that cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and green onions and you’ve hit it out of the park!
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It’s one of those dishes that works on warm summer nights when served at the backyard bbq, and in the dead of winter to be enjoyed at the weekly football watch parties. There’s really just never a wrong time for this classic buffalo appetizer recipe. You can dip a tortilla chip in for a big cheesy bite, or make it into a meal by rolling it up into a tortilla or adding some to your favorite salad.
I love to have it as a dip and then in lettuce rolls for a fantastic low carb/keto recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cream cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chicken breasts
- Green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- Tortilla chips or celery sticks, for serving
You could even add that bleu cheese flavor by adding a drizzle over the top of the dip before serving. For a crowd, I usually stick to ranch unless I know everyone like bleu cheese.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Making this buffalo chicken wing dip is as easy as can be! This is a great recipe for people who are new to cooking, or for anyone who wants a quick no-fuss recipe to throw together in no time.
Follow these simple instructions and you’ll have the perfect easy buffalo chicken dip in no time.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts to the hot water and boil until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Use a pair of tongs to get the chicken from the water. Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a couple of forks to shred the chicken. You can also add the chicken breasts into a large bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to shred.
*You can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken the day before to help cut down on time spent preparing chicken when you want to make this dip.
- In the bottom of an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan, spread the softened cream cheese so it’s an even layer.
- Then, add the ranch dressing, buffalo-style hot sauce, and shredded cheese into a mixing bowl. Stir everything together until it is completely combined. Once the sauce is ready, add your shredded chicken into the bowl and stir it into the other ingredients.
- After that, spread the chicken mixture over the cream cheese. Place the pan in your preheated oven and bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through stir to combine. The dip will be hot and bubbly.
- At this point, the dip is ready to eat. You can serve it right from the baking pan our spoon the dip into a serving bowl. I like to sprinkle the top of this dip with sliced green onion and serve it with tortilla chips and celery sticks. They both add a great crunch.
Other Ways To Make Chicken Wing Dip
- I baked this buffalo chicken dip recipe in the oven, but you could easily make it in a slow cooker! Just change the chicken to pre-cooked chicken and then put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until all the cheeses are melted.
- You could bring the overall cooking time down to 20 minutes if you used cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken in the baked version as well! I’ll sometimes use extra chicken I have on hand from making Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos!
- Try it with blue cheese dressing instead of the ranch, for a fun twist on the original flavors!
- Substitute Jack cheese or cheddar cheese for the mozzarella
- Get everything ready to go in the oven the day before you plan to serve it. Store it in an airtight container and then pop it in the oven minutes before your guests arrive, so it’s warm and bubbly when they get there!
How To Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip at Parties
Let’s be honest, when you have a few drinks, and you’re having a great time with friends you just want to pick here and there. It’s more casual than sitting down to a big dinner! Plus, if you’re having a lot of friends over you can have them all bring an appetizer. It takes some of the pressure off of you, and everyone gets to try something new!
When I’m thinking about what to serve at a party, I always like to have a dip, a cheese plate, a bite, and a sweet treat! So franks buffalo chicken dip would be great along with a cheese plate, maybe a tasty deviled egg and brownie bites!
You can serve celery sticks with Frank’s buffalo chicken dip and maybe tortillas and little toasts or crackers. Think of something sturdy because this is a thick dip with all that chicken! Try this menu next time you throw a summer party with friends!
More great buffalo recipes to try out
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Bacon Cheeseball
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites
- More APPETIZER recipes…
Tools used to make this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe
Square Baking Dish: A square baking dish is a must-have for home cooks. This one comes with a sturdy lid for easy storing and transporting your favorite dishes!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
*This post originally posted on 09/14/2012.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup buffalo-style hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, cooking until they reach 165 degrees F internal temp. Remove from water and shred chicken.
*You can cut down on prep for this dip by using a store-bought rotisserie chicken or making chicken
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish.
- Add ranch dressing, buffalo-style hot sauce, and mozzarella cheese to a mixing bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Stir the shredded chicken in the buffalo sauce mixture. Spread chicken mixture over cream cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the dip is heated throughout and stir everything together.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or serve this dip right from the pan! Add sliced green onions for garnish. Serve warm.