Classic Chewy Brownie Bites are always the right decision! This is a simple dessert recipe that you’ve got to keep on hand!
Last year my youngest little guy went to an amazing school. Our local public school didn’t offer full day kindergarten and I knew that 2 hours a day was not going to be enough for him, or me! We found a co-op school near our house that turned out to be the best thing in the world! The class was very small, only 8 students, and because the parents were part of the day to day of the class we all got to be friends too! It was such a blessing finding Creative Children’s Center when we first moved to town. I work from home so that’s how I made my friends when we moved to Oregon. Anyway, we all decided to get the kids together this weekend for a reunion. It was a great excuse for us to all hang out too! It was a potluck at the neighborhood rec center of one of the families and it was just perfect! The kids were all running around like a bunch of crazies and we got to catch up! We ended being there for 3 hours and time just flew! We’ve decided to make sure we get them together once a year. I decided to make a batch of these Chewy Brownie Bites and they were a hit! I didn’t take any home. In fact, we had to hide them behind a box of crackers from the kids so we could get some. Every time a kid ran past I saw one in their hand. At the end of the day I was getting lots of compliments on them from the moms and dads and even had a few grab the last few before I left!
The recipe to make Chewy Brownies is so super simple! I made it with the melted chocolate and the cocoa powder. They are even better than the brownie bites you can get from Costco and I love those! There are just so many possibilities when it comes to this recipe that I think I’m going to be making a LOT of brownies this month! Oh well, someone’s got to do it. 😉 I love that I don’t have to use the mixer for this recipe and I can make it with just a bowl and a spoon. Oh yeah and a baking pan! 🙂 If you’re going to have a good brownie recipe you have to have a simple one that makes it that much easier to make it all the time! Otherwise, how are you going to have brownies all the time! Am I right? I think next time I’m going to use this to make my husband’s favorite, Symphony Brownies, maybe I’ll even change them to bites too!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside
- place chocolate and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl
- microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate and butter are melted
- stir in the granulate sugar and brown sugar
- add in eggs and vanilla extra
- sift in the cocoa powder, salt and flour, then stir until combined
- scoop 1 tbsp of batter into each muffin cup
- place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean but not wet
- allow to cool in the tin then run a sharp knife along the edge of the brownies and pop out