Rich and decadent Cheesecake Brownies take two of the world’s favorite treats and swirl them together into one out of this world dessert!
Addicting Cheesecake Brownies combine your favorite rich, chocolatey brownie mix with smooth swirls of creamy cheesecake. Everyone is a winner when you combine two of your families favorite desserts into one!
WHY PICK JUST ONE?
You can’t go wrong with rich, fudgy brownies or cool, creamy cheesecake… but did you know that you can have both at the same time? Why narrow it down to one favorite dessert when you can swirl them together into the ultimate sweet treat?!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – You can top Cheesecake Brownies with a classic scoop of vanilla or go crazy with this homemade Cookies and Cream!
- Homemade Cool Whip – You can save time by making this Cool Whip copycat recipe ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge for later too!
Brownie Ingredients: You’ll need 1 box of store-bought brownie mix and all the ingredients listed on the back of the box. You’ll also need a splash of milk to help make the brownie batter swirls towards the end.
Cheesecake Ingredients: The cheesecake mix is made with cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and an egg.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a brownie pan with nonstick spray or butter. While the oven heats, mix the brownies according to the package directions. Set aside four tablespoons of the brownie batter and pour the rest into the prepared pan.
STEP TWO: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix the cheesecake ingredients until it’s smooth. Lastly, stir in the egg and spread the mixture evenly on top of the brownie batter.
STEP THREE: Add the milk to the reserved four tablespoons of brownie batter. Then spoon dollops of batter over the cheesecake mixture. Use a skewer to swirl the brownie batter dollops in the top layer of cheesecake.
STEP FOUR: Bake Cheesecake Brownies in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cheesecake is firm and they pass the clean toothpick test. Once finished, turn off the oven, but leave them in the oven for another 30 minutes. Then remove them from the oven and cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
STEP FIVE: Place cooled Cheesecake Brownies in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- For easy removal, use parchment paper to line the brownie pan being sure to let it hang over the edges. This way, you can use the paper to lift them easily.
- If you’re not in a rush, allow the Cheesecake Brownies to set in the fridge for longer than an hour. Just like with traditional cheesecake or cheesecake bites, the long the desserrt chills the better it gets.
HOW LONG CAN CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES SIT OUT?
Even though these Cheesecake Brownies are made with cream cheese, it is safe to let them sit at room temperature for a day. If these brownies are sticking around any longer, I prefer to keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also wrap individual brownie portions and freeze them for up to 2 months.
HOW TO DRESS UP CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
These delicious brownies are delicious as is, but they can also be fancied up! These brownies can be taken to the next level by serving them a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also go all out with my favorite variation topped with Salted Caramel Sauce, Cool Whip, and chopped nuts! You can even add crushed peppermint candy and make a festive holiday dessert.
OTHER DECADENT DESSERTS
- Skinny Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Cake
- Gingersnap Cheesecake Bars
- Mint Fudge Stuffed Brownies
- Easy Coconut Cream Pie
- Air Fryer Monkey Bread
- Tiger Butter Fudge
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch x 8-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray. (see note)
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the package directions. Reserve 4 tablespoons of brownie batter in a small bowl and then pour the rest into the prepared pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat the egg into the cream cheese mixture and once combined, pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter. Spread the cheesecake into an even layer.
- Stir the milk into the reserved brownie batter until combined. Place dollops of the thinned batter over the cheesecake. Then use a knife or skewer to swirl the dollops into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheesecake is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven and leave the pan inside for 30 minutes. then remove the brownies and let them cool in the pan on a wire rack until they reach room temperature.
- Transfer to cooled brownies to the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour before cutting into 12 pieces and serving.
- I recommend lining the pan with parchment paper, letting is hang over the edge, and spraying again. This makes it SUPER easy to take the brownies out of the pan.