Soft, warm, and swirled inside with cinnamon and sugar, this Air Fryer Monkey Bread is the perfect treat to eat for breakfast or dessert!
Fluffy, soft, and spiced to perfection, you can serve this Air Fryer Monkey Bread for a swinging good time! All it takes is one can of biscuits, some cinnamon, sugar, butter, and a dash of vanilla and you can have this mouth-watering monkey bread on the table in just 30 minutes!
NOT MONKEYING AROUND
Making monkey bread in the air fryer is seriously one of my favorite things to do! This method is quick, simple, and the results are phenomenal!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER MONKEY BREAD
- Churro Muffins – Rounding out the “breakfast for dessert” options is this amazing Churro Muffin recipe!
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins – These donut hole muffins are popable and addicting!
- Bacon Cheese Breakfast Muffins – Add a little savory to the table and you’ve got all your bases covered!
Biscuits: This recipe is super simple and only requires 1 can of biscuits!
Dry Ingredients: Make sure to have granulated sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt on hand to spice your Air Fryer Monkey Bread.
Wet Ingredients: The key to perfect monkey bread is butter and a hint of vanilla!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER MONKEY BREAD
STEP ONE: Start by greasing a small bundt pan with butter or non-stick spray. Next, open a can of biscuits and separate them out. Cut each biscuit into six pieces and set them aside.
STEP TWO: Now, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon until it is combined. Add the pieces of biscuit dough to the bowl and coat them in the sugar mix by stirring and shaking the bowl as needed. Continue until all of the dough pieces are in the bowl and fully coated with sugar to keep them from sticking together.
STEP THREE: In a separate small bowl mix the melted butter and vanilla extract and pour it over the sugar-coated biscuits. Stir the butter in gently.
STEP FOUR: Place everything into the prepared bundt pan. Air fry the monkey bread for 10 minutes and then check it. If the top is getting too browned cover it with tin foil. Then cook the bread for another 10-15 minutes until the dough is entirely cooked through. Remove from the air fryer and carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate before removing from the bread.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You will need make sure the budt pan you use will fit in your air fryer as they vary in size. I used a 7-inch silicone bundt pan in a 9-inch wide air fryer basket.
- If you’re feeling fancy you can also use refrgeratied crescent roll dough or my personal favorite… refrgierated cinnamon roll dough!
- This Air Fryer Monkey Bread tastes amazing with a simple vanilla glaze on top! Just whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1-3 tablespoons of milk and then drizzle over the monkey bread.
- You can also add chopped fruit, nuts, or even chocolate chips to this recipe if you want to mix it up. Pumpkin pie spice is a great substitution for ground cinnamon if you find that you’re out.
WHAT IS MONKEY BREAD?
Monkey bread is just a cute name, but I assure you this sweet treat is definitely for humans! Because it is formed by individual pieces of dough baked tightly together it has a “pull apart” effect. This easy to pick apart pastry is chock full of buttery, cinnamon sugar flavor and I know my little monkeys absolutely love it!
CAN YOU MAKE MONKEY BREAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Trust me when I say that this Air Fryer Monkey Bread is best enjoyed fresh! The delicate biscuits are never as airy and perfect as they are freshly baked and still warm. If you happen to have leftovers then of course you can store them in an airtight container and enjoy them the next day. But this Air Fryer Monkey Bread with biscuits recipe is way too quick and easy to not make it fresh for your friends and family.
OTHER CRAVEWORTHY CARBS
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pumpkin Beer Bread
- Berry Braided Bread
- Banana Nut Bread
- Fried Scones
- 16.3 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough (1 can of 8 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a small bundt pan with nonstick spray or butter. (see note)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Remove the biscuits from the can and cut each biscuit into 6 even pieces, for a total of 48 pieces. Add the biscuit pieces to the bowl with the cinnamon sugar as you cut them and shake to coat the biscuits.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and stir in the vanilla. Pour over the cinnamon sugar biscuit pieces and stir until coated. (This will create the yummy sauce.)
- Pour everything into the prepared bundt pan and then place the pan in your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, and then check the bread. If it's browning too quickly, place some tin foil over top. Then cook for another 10-15 minutes until the dough is cooked through.
- Carefully remove the pan from the air fryer basket and invert it onto a serving plate. Remove the pan. Serve warm.