Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins are so easy to make at home! These baked breakfast bites are coated in butter, cinnamon, and sugar and taste like freshly fried doughnut holes!
Here in New England, donuts are pretty popular. There are a couple national chains, but everyone knows that the best places to get some glazed goodness are local bakeries and mom-and-pop shops. But on those days when I feel like being a little healthier – and don’t want to get out of my PJ’s – I bake my own version with this Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins recipe.
CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These little bites of Heaven contain all the sweet, cakey goodness of traditional donuts without the fattiness of being fried. Plus, dipping them in my ooey gooey icing recipe allows you to add as much sweetness as you want! Top with couple festive sprinkles, and you won’t even miss the store-bought version.
In my opinion, donuts are appropriate for every occasion, and these portable homemade treats are good for leisurely brunches, grab-and-go breakfasts, luncheons, birthdays… anything! But I must say, my favorite time to make a batch of Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins is to accompany mimosas and bacon for Sunday brunch.
Another perk of whipping up a batch of these easy-to-make donut muffins? You don’t have to leave your house to head to the donut shop, and they’re always guaranteed fresh. (Plus, they make my house smell like a bakery!) I even make extra for the upcoming week because they stay tasty and moist for days after. On those busy mornings when I’m running out the door, I grab a couple on my way out. Sometimes, I even pack a little container of icing!
If you have kids who are picky about breakfast, offering them Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins is a great way to get a little something into their stomachs. (I mean, even the most finicky eaters love donuts, right?) Skip the icing if you want to cut back on sugar, and again, they’re a much lighter version of the real, deep-fried deal.
But many who have tried this recipe can’t believe that they’re NOT deep fried! The cinnamon sugar and butter coating is just sooo good! If you’re a donut fanatic, you have to try making Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins at home. These delicious, dip-able donuts will become a family favorite and your new go-to breakfast recipe!
Want more donut recipes?
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Baked Pecan Praline Donuts
- Bourbon Caramel Donuts
- Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- Dulce de Leche Glazed Chocolate Donuts
- More breakfast recipes…
Tools used to make this Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Mini Muffin Tin: I love bite-sized eats & treats! A mini muffin tin is a best way to size down your favorite baked goods.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking and set aside
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk until combined.
- Stir in flour, dry milk, spices, and baking powder just until mixed.
- Fill the wells of the muffin pan with about 1 tablespoon of batter each.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until muffins are a light golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan. Remove from pan and dip in melted butter.
- Mix the remaining cinnamon and sugar together and roll the butter dipped muffins in it.
- Serve with icing, if desired.
Hello, what can I substitute for the dry milk?
I made it omitting the dry milk and it was fine.