Sweet Potato Stacks make a fantastic fall side dish because the thinly sliced sweet potatoes coated in coconut oil cook up in just minutes!
It’s that time of year again when all things fall are abound. Apples, pumpkins, and sweet potatoes once again become kitchen staples. The days get shorter and cooler, the leaves changes, and everyone goes into cooking mode. If you guessed this is my favorite time of year, then you guessed right! These Sweet Potato Stacks make for an easy fall side dish. Rather than waiting an hour or two for a huge whole sweet potato to bake in the oven, try slicing it super thin (we’re talking as thin as possible), coating it with your favorite oil, and baking. I love to eat sweet potatoes year round and with this recipe, I can make them any night of the week!
SWEET POTATO STACKS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pin board!
Real Housemoms TV
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Slicing the sweet potatoes super thin will cut the cooking time in half. It’s magical I tell you! I prefer to use my large muffin pans. This six-well muffin pan will fit the large diameter of the gigantic sweet potato I was using. (If you have sweet potatoes with a smaller diameter, they’ll fit in the regular sized muffin tin cups.) The little stacks filled those muffin wells to the top, but once they’re baked down and cooled, they sink down to about half their original size. Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs to combine with sweet potatoes and I just so happened to have some, so I mixed some minced fresh rosemary in with the parmesan cheese and butter for the topping. Who can really have too much parmesan and butter, right? Whether you make these in advance to serve with breakfast in the morning, or you serve them alongside a wonderful pork roast, you will love how sweet and fork tender they are! Such a great make-ahead option for Thanksgiving.
Want more sweet potato recipes?
- Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese
- Chicken Apple Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
- Mini Sweet Potato Casserole
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Sweet Potato Stacks recipe
Mandolin: Slice, Julianne, and chop your favorite foods with this slicer. It’s the best way to get even cuts and the thinnest slices!
Large Muffin Tin: This tin is perfect for cooking up egg muffins, stacked potatoes, or jumbo muffins!
- 1 extra large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Slice the potato as thin as you can. Unless you have expert knife skills, a mandolin is your friend.
- Melt coconut oil until its a liquid and toss it with sliced sweet potatoes and half the salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Using a large muffin tin, add stacks of potatoes.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and combine with remaining salt, rosemary, and parmesan cheese. Spoon on top of potato stacks.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
Do you love sweet potatoes? If yes, then you will love Krissy’s Sweet Potato Casserole (perfect for Thanksgiving):
As well as this tasty Sweet Potato and Ham Hash:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!