CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE AND SWEET POTATO HASH makes a great weekend breakfast or brunch for Fall. The taste is amazing and the colors are gorgeous!
I’m so excited for Fall, it’s my favorite season! There’s just so much to love, cooler temps, kids back in school, apple picking, pumpkin patches, warm cozy drinks, football and changing leaves! We’ve got all of those happening right now except the cooler temps. We almost hit 100 yesterday here in my part of Oregon. No bueno! I’m so thankful that I know that will end and I’ll get back to my regularly scheduled coziness shortly. To help get in the Fall spirit I made this Chicken Apple Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash the other day. It was a special breakfast for the hubby and I to share to celebrate the kids being back in school. It was so good that we finished it off the two of us!
It really is VERY easy to make and so filling. I think next time I might even drizzle a little maple syrup over the potatoes before adding the eggs. I think it would bring out a bit more of the sweetness of the potatoes. If you’re looking for a special Fall breakfast or have guests in town I would make this for sure! Even if there’s nothing to celebrate you can turn a regular morning into a special one with this dish. This is a must make for Fall.
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped to 1/2 of an inch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cooked patties of Homemade Chicken Apple Sausage
- 4 eggs
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a large skillet over medium heat cook the bacon until desired crispiness achieved
- remove from skillet and allow to drain on paper towel
- drain off any excess bacon grease leaving 1 tbsp in the skillet
- add in the onion and stir, allowing to cook for 1-2 mintues
- push the onion to the outside of the pan
- add in the sweet potato and salt, garlic powder and pepper
- press the sweet potatoes into a single layer
- allow to cook without stirring for 5 minutes (this will allow it to develop color)
- flip and cook the other side for five minutes without flipping
- repeat this until all sides have color and sweet potatoes are tender
- stir the onions back into the sweet potatoes
- chop the bacon and chicken apple sausage and stir them into the sweet potatoes
- make four wells and crack an egg into each well
- place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs reach desired consistency
- remove from oven and enjoy!