HOMEMADE CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE is so easy to make and a delicious addition to your best breakfast ever!
Over the last few months my kids have really started to like chicken apple sausage. My youngest had it first at school in a rice bowl and was hooked! I was so glad to have an easy dinner option for the family but felt like I could make them. I decided to make them into a yummy breakfast side. Every once in awhile we’ll get breakfast at a local diner and I get an egg white scramble with chicken apple sausage and cheese. It’s so crazy good that I feel a bit guilty eating it until I remember it’s egg whites and chicken!
Real Housemoms TV
My sausage isn’t in a link. I want to make this as easy peasy as possible and this Homemade Chicken Apple Sausage recipe is totally that! If you can make hamburgers you can make this sausage. They have so much tasty flavor and a tiiiiiiny bit of a kick from the cayenne pepper. You can absolutely leave that out but I like the hint of sweetness with the hint of heat. There are so many things I’m going to be doing with these sausage now that I know how easy it is!
If you make them snap a quick pic and use the hashtag #RHfood so we can follow along! 🙂
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp fennel seeds chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until they become translucent
- add in chopped apple and cook for another 2 minutes
- remove to a medium bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- add remaining ingredients to the bow. and mix
- form 8 equal patties
- cook them over medium heat in the skillet about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!