HOMEMADE CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE is so easy to make and a delicious addition to your best breakfast ever!
Over the last few months my kids have really started to like chicken apple sausage. My youngest had it first at school in a rice bowl and was hooked! I was so glad to have an easy dinner option for the family but felt like I could make them. I decided to make them into a yummy breakfast side. Every once in awhile we’ll get breakfast at a local diner and I get an egg white scramble with chicken apple sausage and cheese. It’s so crazy good that I feel a bit guilty eating it until I remember it’s egg whites and chicken!
My sausage isn’t in a link. I want to make this as easy peasy as possible and this Homemade Chicken Apple Sausage recipe is totally that! If you can make hamburgers you can make this sausage. They have so much tasty flavor and a tiiiiiiny bit of a kick from the cayenne pepper. You can absolutely leave that out but I like the hint of sweetness with the hint of heat. There are so many things I’m going to be doing with these sausage now that I know how easy it is!
If you make them snap a quick pic and use the hashtag #RHfood so we can follow along! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium Gala apple peeled and chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- Add chopped apple and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove onion and apple mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, ground sage, fennel seed, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne to the bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Form ground chicken mixture into 8 equal patties.
- Cook sausage patties over medium heat in the same skillet for about 3 minutes per side. When the patties are done, they will be golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside. I usually cook 4 patties at a time, working in batches.
- Remove patties from the skillet and serve warm.