I love eating protein packed meals. Years ago, I was on a strict low carb diet and combined with working out, I was in great shape. Since then and two kids later, it has not always been easy for me to eat that way, but I really try hard to during the week. I am back in boot camp and after an intense workout, I love eating healthy protein filled lunches. After today’s class, I made my Cheesy Broccoli Ham and Pepper Frittata and it was amazing! My mom and I used to make a similar version while I was on my low carb diet, but today I added some extra ingredients and I am already looking forward to making it again. I remember loving it when my mom and I would make it, but I forgot just how incredibly delicious it tasted. I ate a huge portion for lunch and I really enjoyed every last bite. My four year old daughter and husband had it for dinner and loved it too. Cheesy Broccoli Ham and Pepper Frittata would be perfect for brunch, or better yet, would work for any meal!
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz classic smoked ham cut into small pieces (I used the package of Farmer John's 2 fully cooked ham steaks)
- 1 roasted red pepper cut into thin slices (I did not measure, but took a lot out of the jar and sliced the pieces)
- 4-6 oz broccoli florets cut into small pieces (I used a little less than half of a 12 oz bag)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese I love cheese, so I used closer to 1 cup
- Preheat oven to broil
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper
- Add ham, red pepper, broccoli, green onion, and jalapeno to the egg mixture
- Mix well
- In an oven proof skillet, melt butter over medium heat
- Add egg mixture to the skillet, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes (check to see that the edges are cooked)
- Sprinkle cheese on top of egg mixture
- Place skillet in broiler for 2-5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the middle is completely cooked
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Slice and enjoy
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!