Overnight Caramel French Toast is the perfect make ahead breakfast to treat your family or guests! You take all the credit and get to relax at the same time!
Love breakfast or hate it? It seems that most people are so far on one side of those feelings that there isn’t much of an in between. I remember when I was growing up my mom wouldn’t let us out of the door without a breakfast of some sort. She always told us that our brains wouldn’t work unless we ate breakfast and we didn’t question her. Looking back I’m surprised I just accepted that because I was a kid and questioned everything of course. The funny thing is I still believe it. I always, always, always have breakfast in the morning. She definitely instilled that in me!
Real Housemoms TV
As much as I love breakfast I love my sleep even more so I’m definitely not one bounding out of bed in the morning and whipping up a fantastic breakfast for the household. Nope. Not happening. I’m usually found snuggling under the covers, ignoring the kid that is making noise in the next room while hoping she goes to sleep. I can never have enough sleep in my life. Especially right now. I just wish that baby would sleep through the night again. She reverted to getting up in the middle of the night and I’m not sure which is worse. Getting some sleep while she did sleep through the night and then knowing what you were missing or if she would have just never slept through the night! Enter the terrific invention of over night breakfasts.
Overnight breakfasts are my new love, don’t tell my hubs! I can whip them up the night before and in the morning I can be completely brain dead, which I usually am, and still manage to pull off a breakfast that looks like I slaved over it for a long time in the morning. As people oohhh and ahhh over it I will not let them know how easy it was! You don’t have to either, yours secret is safe with me! This is the perfect breakfast for when you have visitors, are celebrating a holiday or a just because you think it’s awesome type of morning. The french toast is covered in a delicious caramel sauce and you will be smacking your lips when you enjoy this breakfast!
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spray 9x13 in pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. When the sugar is dissolved pour into 9x13 in. pan. Place six slices of bread on top of caramel. You might need to squish these together to make them all fit.
- In a small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle half of mixture over bread in pan. Top with remaining six slices of bread.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in remaining cinnamon sugar mixture and stir until combined. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Take casserole out of fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately.
Craving More Overnight Breakfasts?
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!