Cinnamon French Toast Waffles are out of this world good! The outside is warm and slightly crisp while the inside is soft and delicious, while the warm cinnamon flavor is through out!
Growing up my favorite weekend breakfasts were always French toast. We didn’t have the fancy French toast made out of French bread, we had French toast made out of sliced sandwich bread. To this day I think I like it the best. I love that it’s so thin that you get a soft custard texture in the center of the bread while the outside is slightly eggy. This morning I couldn’t decide between waffles and French toast so I decided not to decide and make them together.
First, Cinnamon bread is good.
Cinnamon bread turned into French toast….. Great!
Cinnamon bread turned into French toast then turned into a waffle……..AH-MAZING!!!!!
My little monkeys came downstairs when they smelled breakfast and asked what I was making. As I told them their eyes got bigger and bigger with every step I told them about. They were so excited. When I was finally done cooking they weren’t let down. These waffles were out of this world good! I think these have become a new family favorite weekend meal!
- 8 slices cinnamon bread
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons butter for skillet
- In a shallow dish, like a pie plate, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and grease with butter.
- While cooking the french toast, preheat your waffle iron.
- Dip two slices of the cinnamon bread into the egg mixture and completely coat, allowing the bread to soak up a lot of the mixture.
- Place the bread slices into the skillet and cook until just golden. Then flip and cook the other side until just golden.
- Remove bread from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Place a cooked slice of French toast into the waffle iron and press the lid down.
- Allow french toast to cook for several minutes until waffle impressions are set and the waffle is golden brown.
- Serve warm with syrup or berries and cream.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!