Smooth and sweet, this Pineapple Rum Slushie is the perfect cocktail to mix up this summer! You’ll feel like you’re on Island Time!
Summer is here which means it’s time to whip out those classic tropical cocktail recipes! From a refreshing frozen pina colada to a summer sangria, sipping fruity cocktails is the best way to spend a hot summer day. This summer, my go-to drink is absolutely going to be this Pineapple Rum Slushie.
It’s as smooth as can be (no icy chunks getting caught in your straw), perfectly sweet (without overdoing it), and looks absolutely adorable in a poco glass. If you’re looking for me this summer, you’ll find me by the pool with a pineapple rum slush in hand!
PINEAPPLE RUM SLUSHIE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Once the warm weather hits you can almost always find me sitting poolside sipping on something fruity. (Summer is all about pool parties, right?!) Whether it’s a freshly squeezed lemonade or something a bit more along the lines of a fruity adult beverage, there’s something about summer that makes me want all the fruit drinks!
Now, when you take a fruity cocktail and turn it into a slushie, it’s a whole new ball game… Slushies are one of my absolute favorite things. It’s like a dessert AND a drink all mixed into one.
Plus, they bring me back to my childhood days of grabbing those electric blue slurpies from the 7/11 down the street! Now add in some rum into those slushies and I am ready to sit back, relax, and enjoy a warm summer day.
If you’re looking for a fun, fruity, cocktail that gives you ALL the tropical vibes, look no further than this pineapple rum slush. It’s unbelievably smooth, perfectly sweet, and cools you down immediately on a hot day. Need me? You can find me at the pool sipping a pineapple slush!
Rum – to make this yummy alcoholic slushy with rum you’ll want to use 1 cup of Malibu rum. Malibu has that delicious tropical flavor that mixes coconut and pineapple. It makes this rum slush taste like you’re on the beach!
Pineapple – instead of using ice to form the frosty base of your pineapple rum slush, you’re going to use frozen pineapple chunks! By using frozen fruit in place of ice, you’ll get a smooth creamy texture instead of a chunky icy texture. You can use pre-frozen chunks or freeze your own fresh pineapple chunks and freeze them.
Half & Half – many rum slush recipes use coconut water (definitely a great lower-calorie option), but for this pineapple slush, we’re going all out! You’ll need 1/2 a cup of half-and-half to mix with your pineapple chunks and Malibu rum. Half-and-half will give your slush a smooth, sweet, and decadent flavor.
How to make a pineapple slushie with rum
First things first, you’ll need some pineapple. If you’ve got a bag of pre-cut, pre-frozen pineapple sitting in your freezer, go right ahead and hop to step one. If you’ve got a fresh pineapple, you’re going to want to chop it up into small chunks and freeze them on a sheet pan. Make sure they freeze individually so they’ll blend up nicely.
- Ready to serve some delicious pineapple rum slush? Grab your blender and place your frozen pineapple in.
- Next, add in the half and half and coconut rum. Blend it all up until it’s smooth and frosty!
- Serve up your pineapple slush with a pineapple wedge, a Maraschino cherry, and a little sprinkle of coconut for the finishing touch!
What mixes with pineapple rum?
We already know that pineapple rum makes this pineapple slush absolutely delicious, but did you know that pineapple rum tastes incredible in other drinks?
If you’ve got a bottle of pineapple rum sitting around just begging to be mixed into a fun, summer cocktail, try some of these other options:
Mix up a batch of Pineapple Rum Punch and you’ll feel like you’re sitting on a secluded island beach sipping the drink of your dreams! Or you can try out my famous Rum Runner which packs a REAL punch and tastes great as a slushie too!
Looking for more summertime cocktail inspiration?
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri
- Orange Strawberry Rose Sangria
- Plum and Peach Margaritas
- Frozen Cucumber Margarita
- Triple Berry Red Wine Slushies
- more DRINKS recipes…
Tools used to make Pineapple Rum Slushie
Blender: Yes, this blender is WORTH IT. From smoothies to soups to pineapple rum slush, this blender does it ALL.
Sheet Pan: Whether you’re freezing pineapple chunks for a pineapple slush or baking cookies, this sheet pan will do the job.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup Malibu rum (or other coconut rum)
- Fresh pineapple wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Coconut flakes
- If you're using fresh pineapple, peel and core the fruit, and then cut into chunks. (Save a few pieces with the peel on for garnish.) Place the pineapple chunks onto a baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes until the pineapple is frozen. This will take the place of ice in your blended cocktail.
- When you're ready, put the frozen pineapple into a blender. Pour in the half-and-half and rum. Cover the blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into poco glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge, cherry, and some coconut flakes. Serve immediately.