Mexican food is one of my favorites! I love a little spice to get me into a meal. Plus the salsa, beans, sour cream, chicken, cheese in this recipe are all enticing to me. This Mexican Casserole is not only easy to make but it will have your family raving and coming back for more!
Don’t you just want to dive right into this casserole? I will pass you the big spoon!!
Using pre-cooked chicken from the grocery store makes this recipe so easy to whip up. Grab a rotisserie chicken or some packaged cooked chicken and dinner is made in 45 min. from prep time to bake. Lots of healthy black beans and lean protein make this meal one that you will be happy to serve to your family. The kids will love it because of the ooey gooey cheese factor! The original recipe had a cup of sour cream but I really didn’t think it was necessary with all the creamy sauce and cheese on top, so I omitted that.
IF you liked this recipe, you’ll love our other easy casserole recipes!
- 13 oz. 375 gms. cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 to mato diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese or cheddar/jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8" square or round casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the chicken, salsa and cream cheese to a saute pan, heat stirring until cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through. Add the black beans and chiles and continue to heat ingredients.
- Layer into the prepared casserole as follows. Crushed tortilla chips, Chicken/black beans mixture, tomatoes, green onions and cheese. Place in the oven for 30 min. until heated through, hot and bubbling.