With the beginning of a new year, we are making some attempts to eat healthier and have less red meat. I am planning a lot of yummy meals for my family and am looking forward to trying new recipes! The kids and I spent a week in California for part of the kid’s school break, and came back to some chilly weather in Arizona. Soup sounded perfect! As I have mentioned before, my husband doesn’t consider soup a meal, but Black Bean Soup is definitely a meal and he agreed! I was so excited when I found this recipe at Or So She Says! Black Bean Soup has an amazing combination of flavors, a great amount of spice, is super filling, and is easy to make. My parents are here visiting and we all really enjoyed this tasty and hearty soup! I am glad I chose to use ground turkey in the soup, as well as black beans with jalapenos! We love spicy food, but if you like a little less spice, you could use black beans without the jalapenos. The addition of all the toppings made Black Bean Soup extra yummy! I am glad there is a small container left in the refrigerator for a healthy and delicious lunch tomorrow!
- 30 ounces Reduced Sodium Black Beans
- 30 ounces Mild Jalapeno Black Beans with Lime Juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 cup salsa
- Toppings: avocado grated colby and monterey jack cheese, tomatoes, black olives, light sour cream,
- Cook the ground turkey, drain the fat, and set aside
- Prepare your toppings and set aside
- Blend 3 cans of black beans with 2 cups of chicken broth in the blender (I did two batches because it didn't all fit in the blender)
- Pour the blended beans into a large pot
- Add salsa
- Add the can of drained corn, cooked turkey, and last can of black beans (drained) Heat all together
- Add toppings
Recipe shared at: Buns in my Oven, Mom on Timeout, Back for Seconds, I Love my Disorganized Life, Sweet Bella Roos, Chocolate, Chocolate, and More, What’s Cooking Love, Michelle’s Tasty Creations, Mrs. Happy Homemaker, Couponing and Cooking, Mom’s Test Kitchen
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!