Shredded chicken, black beans, salsa verde & more come together in this simple & easy crockpot BLACK BEAN & CHICKEN SOUP. Perfect for chilly winter days!
Do you love a good soup on a chilly winter day? I sure do. Even better if I can make it in the crockpot & just let it go all day while I’m doing things like shoveling snow. We come inside, we’re freezing & we have a delicious hot dinner waiting for us & it’s so perfect. Honestly, I’m just so grateful that I took the 10 minutes to throw it all in there before heading out. The last thing I feel like doing after spending the day shoveling snow is come inside & cook something. After all that work I just want to curl up by the fire & get cozy. This soup is perfect for that.
I just love making soups because I can make them as light or as hearty as my mood dictates. Sometimes I follow a recipe I created in the past. Other times I wing it. For this one I just started with my chicken & then pulled things from the pantry & started adding. I actually do this a lot based on what I have on hand at the time & the majority of the time it comes together quite nicely as it did with this soup.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 46 ounce cream of mushroom soup 2-23oz cans
- 7 ounce salsa verde
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 24 ounce black beans 2-12 oz cans
- 5 ounces black olives diced
- 2 cups water
- Cheese Chives, and/or Sour Cream, for garnish
- Trim chicken & cut each piece into 3-4 large chunks & place in the bottom of the crockpot
- Add in all other ingredients except the garnish- cover & cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 7-8 hours stirring occasionally
- About 1 hour before serving remove chicken with a slotted spoon & place in a large bowl
- Use 2 forks to pull pieces apart & shred
- Return the chicken to the crockpot & stir
- Cook an additional hour
- When serving top with cheese, chives & sour cream to taste
If you love a hearty, filling soup for the family that’s easy to make- this one is for you!
Here are a couple more of our favorite soup recipes?
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!