Throw your cares away while you enjoy this Pineapple Rum Punch! A pitcher of this fruity Caribbean cocktail will make you feel like you’re on vacation!
Ahhhh summer. Hopefully, by now you’ve been able to pack away your sweaters and boots and pull out your bathing suit collection! The only thing better than sitting by the water on a sweltering summer day is doing so with a cool drink – like this Pineapple Rum Punch or a Portland Breeze Rum Cocktail – in your hand! Six ingredients and a couple of hours worth of household chores (the amount of time it takes to chill) are all you need to be sipping a glass of this refreshingly fruity cocktail by this afternoon!
PINEAPPLE RUM PUNCH
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Rum Punch goes by many names. Planter’s Punch. Rum Runner. Mai Tai. Each recipe shares similarities, mainly fruity flavors, and a good dark Caribbean rum base, but Rum Punch is extra special.
If you’ve ever been on a Caribbean cruise, or even just visited any of the islands, there’s a good chance you’ve had some form of rum punch. Many cruise excursions offer it to adults as a bonus refreshment to entice them to book. At Señor Frogs in Nassau, it is copiously poured over patrons in a long conga line.
It’s basically the easiest, quickest way to feel like you’re on vacation…even if you’re actually not.
Did you know that rum is the world’s most versatile liquor? It’s just as delicious neat or on the rocks as it is mixed with fruit (like in my Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos), juice, or soda. No one will look down their nose at you for mixing rum the way they would if you did the same with a Single Malt Scotch.
You can even bake with it, turning your fave cocktail into a cake (like my Pina Colada Rum Cake), brownies, tiramisu, or muffins! And you can’t forget those rum balls at Christmas – at least in my house, you can’t!
What is Rum Punch?
- Rum punch is an aperitif in the Caribbean (AKA a pre-dinner drink to stimulate the appetite). Traditionally punches are made of 5 elements – alcohol, sugar, lemon, water, and tea or spices.
- Barbadian rum punch is one of the oldest rum punches with a simple formula of “1 of sour, 2 of sweet, 3 of strong, and 4 of weak.”
My Pineapple rum punch has six ingredients (because we doubled the rum)! Fruit juices, a bit of grenadine for color, and of course dark and light rum. All good things!
- Mostly pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Mango nectar
- Dark rum
- Pineapple rum
How To Make Rum Punch
This pitcher cocktail is SERIOUSLY easy to throw together – it’s waiting for it to chill that’s really gonna get ya!
- In a drink pitcher, combine pineapple juice, orange juice, mango nectar, pineapple rum, and dark rum. Stir well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (The longer it chills, the more the flavors infuse!)
- When serving, pour pineapple rum punch over chilled glasses filled with ice. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of grenadine in each glass.
- Garnish each drink with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries, if desired. Pop in a straw and get sippin’!
What Are Some Other Twists On Rum Punch?
- Hurricane Punch – Replace the pineapple juice with passion fruit juice, and mango nectar with lime juice and add a dash of sugar.
- Rum Runner Punch – Swap out the mango nectar for blackberry brandy and banana liqueur, and float some overproof rum on top of each glass.
- Pineapple Planter’s Punch – Trade the mango nectar for some lemon and lime juice, and opt for gold Jamaican rum vs. pineapple rum.
- Zombie Punch – Add more rum! For a pitcher of this extra boozy drink, use 1 cup each pineapple juice, passion fruit juice, and light/dark/gold/spiced rums. Pour some grenadine over each glass, then float with 1/2 ounce of overproof rum. Avoid operating heavy machinery.
Love Rum? You’ll ADORE These Cocktails!
- Peach Mango Rum Splash
- Pina Colada
- Cranberry Pineapple Punch
- Rum & Coke Float
- Dark & Stormy Cocktail
- Painkiller Recipe
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Pineapple Rum Punch recipe
Measuring Cups: I have a set of these measuring cups as long as I can remember. They come in 3 different sizes for all your cooking needs!
Pitcher: I love pitcher drinks and this pitcher always gets oohs and ahhs from my friends and readers.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 cup pineapple rum
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup grenadine
- 6 pineapple wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a pitcher, combine pineapple juice, orange juice, mango nectar, and rums.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Stir well and pour over ice in chilled glasses, drizzling 1-2 tablespoons grenadine into each glass before serving.
- Garnish each drink with a pineapple wedge and cherries.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!