Why not have a beachy stay-cation any time you want with a pitcher of fruity Pineapple Rum Punch?! It’s perfect for entertaining friends!
Bringing the tropical vibes home doesn’t get any easier than with this simple-to-make and crazy delicious Pineapple Rum Punch! Gather your pineapple juice, dark rum, pineapple rum, orange juice, mango juice, and grenadine, as well as some garnish, to make this crowd favorite drink.
A Great Patio Chill Out
I don’t know what it is about pineapple juice but it feels like I’ve wandered into a beach party every time I have it! Just looking at how pretty this drink is, with the splash of grenadine and fruit garnish, makes me feel like I’m doing something extra nice for myself and about to start that well-overdue relaxation I keep thinking about. Prepping this drink is so easy and while all of the juices and rum are mingling in the fridge, I can make up snacks and appetizers so that when the Punch is done, I can make up a glass and then head outside to start my staycation.
Other Recipes to Serve with Pineapple Rum Punch
- Snacking while having the perfect drink is the recipe to a great afternoon, so break out the Strawberry Pineapple Salsa to keep the ideal summer day going!
- Pineapple is not just for drinking, just wait until you try Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken! This tangy grilled meal will keep the patio party going well into the evening.
Rum: You will need both dark rum and pineapple rum.
Juice: Orange juice, pineapple juice, and mango juice are all the juices you will need.
Grenadine: For a bit of color and “cherry” flavor, pick up grenadine at either the grocery store or the liquor store.
Garnish: Complete the island look by garnishing each glass with pineapple and maraschino cherries.
How to Make Pineapple Rum Punch
STEP ONE: Add each of the juices and both of the rums to a pitcher. Stir and chill in the fridge for two hours to let the flavors meld.
STEP TWO: Add ice to each glass, stir up the pitcher again and pour the drink into each glass. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of grenadine to each glass.
STEP THREE: Garnish each glass with a pineapple wedge and a few maraschino cherries or add a few pineapple tidbits and cherries to a long toothpick and enjoy.
Tips for Success
- The longest part, and the hardest part, is the 2-hour wait but I promise this time in the fridge to give the juices and rum time to mix is the flavor boost you will love.
- Do you want to make an alcohol-free version too? Simply skip the rum and right before serving, add a lemon-lime soda, Ginger Ale, or even sparkling water! Just don’t add the soda too early or the bubbles will go flat.
- Feel like adding coconut to your drink? Use coconut-flavored rum instead of pineapple rum. Or just add it to the pitcher with everything else, I won’t tell.
What mixes with pineapple rum?
Pineapple rum is absolutely delicious with a variety of fruit juices, like the ones in this recipe! Besides orange, mango, and cherry flavored juices, pineapple rum is great with passion fruit juice, lemon/lime soda, coconut and mint. You can add pineapple rum to other liqueurs as well, such as banana liqueur, which would be super tropical! Sparkling fruit juice is also a fun addition for when you feel like bringing some fizz to the party.
What alcohol goes with pineapple juice?
There are many lighter liquors that pair well with pineapple juice, such as vodka and rum. Flavored vodkas that are fruit flavored also work with pineapple juice, for simple, easy-to-make drinks. Both light and dark rum are tasty with pineapple juice, as well as coconut-flavored rum, like Malibu. It’s pretty easy to mix up any kind of drink when you have vodka or rum and pineapple juice on hand!
Keep the backyard beach party going with these pineapple drinks!
*This post originally posted on 06/13/2019.
- In a large pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, mango nectar, pineapple rum, and dark rum.
- Refrigerate the pitcher until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Stir well and then pour the rum punch into glasses filled with ice. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of grenadine into each glass before serving. (It should sink to the bottom.)
- Garnish each drink with a pineapple wedge and some cherries.