Fresh and fruity Pineapple Bay Breeze is a perfect mix of pineapple, cranberry, and orange shaken with ice and finished with a twist of lime!
Tangy and refreshing Pineapple Bay Breeze combines cranberry and orange juices with sweet pineapple rum and a splash of sour lime. Shake up this refreshing cocktail and add some frozen pineapple cubes for the perfect fruity finish!
YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER SIPS
Some of my favorite summertime indulgences are citrusy rum cocktails and this tangy concoction checks all the boxes! You and your friends will fall in love with this refreshingly sweet Pineapple Bay Breeze cocktail.
If you love fruity cocktails you’ll go crazy for this Sparkling Paloma Punch and this classic Sex on the Beach.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH A PINEAPPLE BAY BREEZE
- The Best Fruit Salad – This fruit salad is the perfect mix of sweet and tangy fresh fruit and is great for munching on warm sunny days.
- Watermelon Fruit Salsa – This sweet and refreshing watermelon salsa is cool, crisp, and delicious!
- Berry Cheesecake Fruit Salad – You can’t go wrong with this creamy fresh fruit and cheesecake dessert.
Rum: You can choose your favorite pineapple rum! I like to use Malibu because it’s always easy to find.
Juice: Mix your rum with cranberry and orange juice for a perfectly tangy cocktail. Finish each drink with a twist of fresh lime juice.
Garnish: Garnish your cocktail with slices of pineapple and lime. You can also use frozen pineapple chunks as “ice” for an added treat!
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE BAY BREEZE
STEP ONE: Pour the pineapple rum, cranberry juice, orange juice, and a squeeze of lime juice into a cocktail over ice. Cover and shake vigorously until the shaker feels cold.
STEP TWO: Strain into a glass with crushed ice and/or frozen pineapple chunks to chill the drink. Or skip the ice since the cocktail got cold in the shaker. Garnish your glass with a slice of pineapple and lime.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- If you’re able to use fresh-squeezed orange juice I highly recommend it. You just can’t beat that fresh-squeezed flavor!
- Chill the juice prior to mixing your pineapple breezes so they don’t get too diluted by the ice when you shake them.
- Frozen pineapple chunks are great for chilling your cocktail without diluting it.
- Want to make a big batch? Grab a 2-quart pitcher and pour in 2 cups of pineapple rum, 1 1/2 cups of cranberry juice, 1/2 cup orange juice, and 1/4 cup lime juice. Stir and add frozen pineapple chunks if desired. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
HOW TO MAKE A PITCHER OF PINEAPPLE BAY BREEZE COCKTAILS
It’s easy to convert this recipe from individual cocktails to a pitcher! Simply use cups instead of ounces. For example, instead of 2 ounces of cranberry juice, use 2 cups. Pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher over ice, stir and pour!
WHAT IS A BAY BREEZE COCKTAIL?
Bay Breeze cocktails are a reimagining of the classic Sea Breeze, a classic vodka cocktail with cranberry and grapefruit juice. A Bay Breeze mixes rum, fruity pineapple flavors, and tart cranberry juice for a fun and summery cocktail that you’ll want to drink year-round!
OTHER SUMMERTIME SIPS
- Raspberry Lemonade Moscato Sangria
- Plum and Peach Margarita
- Raspberry Wine Float
- Hawaiian Stone Sour
- Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
- Mai Tai
*This post was originally posted on 05/17/2013.
- 2 ounces pineapple rum
- 1.5 ounces cranberry juice
- 0.5 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 lime
- Lime slice for garnish
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Crushed ice
- Frozen pineapple chunks (optional)
- Pour the pineapple rum, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and orange juice into a cocktail shaker over ice. Squeeze half a lime into the shaker as well.
- Cover and shake vigorously until the shaker feels cold, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with crushed ice and/or frozen pineapple chunks. The frozen fruit chills the cocktail without diluting it. If you prefer, you can skip having ice in the glass since the cocktail got cold in the shaker.
- Garnish with a lime slice and pineapple wedge. Serve immediately.