Dips are always a hit at parties and this Cheesy Roasted Corn & Black Bean Dip is no exception. Fresh roasted corn mixed with the chilies and cheese are fantastic!
When I start to think about planning a party or to have friends over for dinner the first thing I start to plan is dip. We all LOVE dips, that why there are so many of them. How many times have you had a party and while you were mixing the last dip to put out your friends were crowded in the kitchen to get a taste. I’m a huge fan not only because of the taste but I love to have things done ahead of time and with most dips you can get then at least prepped ahead of time or the really great dips, like this Cheesy Roasted Corn and Black Bean Dip, they taste better if you make them the day before. All the flavors start their own party in the bowl waiting of you!
When I was a kid we would head back to Florida to visit family, relax at the beach and of course visit THE mouse. While we were there we’d always get sweet corn. Corn is just a great summer food and so I had to include it in this dip. You can cook it so many ways it doesn’t just have to be boiled. I tend to roast it in the oven or in the summer we through it straight on the grill for the best flavor! I like the way fresh corn tastes but if you don’t have it or the time you could use about 1 to 2 cups of defrosted frozen corn. I loved the flavors of this new dip and I know that it’ll be a crowd favorite this summer!
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- place corn (still in the husks) into the oven and roast for 30 min (this can also be done on the grill)
- remove the husks and cut the kernels from the cob and set aside to cool
- in a medium bowl combine cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth
- add in the cheddar cheese, corn, black beans, jalapeno, green chilies, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin
- stir until combines and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- serve with crackers, pita chips or tortilla chips