Shake out a beach towel and put on your sunglasses, this Tropical Party Punch is a delicious pitcher full of summer the whole fam can enjoy!
Nothing says “beach party” better than Tropical Party Punch that’s bursting with warm summer vibes and is so simple to make! Shake up a little mango, lime, and pineapple juice, add a splash of Cream of Coconut and Grenadine and top it with seltzer water for a bubbly beach drink everyone will love!
Hello Beach Vibes
When the weather is perfect but you can’t get away, settle down on a patio lounger with a glass of Tropical Party Punch and it’s like you’re right there on the beach. Of course, we also make this in the dead of winter too, so we can remember what warm weather feels like! My kids and I like to take turns adding all of the ingredients, then I let the adults add a little rum if they want, and when everything is ready we all get to luxuriate in the feeling of warm beaches as we sip our punch.
Other Recipes to Serve with Tropical Party Punch
- Don’t just enjoy summer in a glass, serve up Pina Colada Dessert Dip to carry that beachy fun into delicious snacking too!
- Invite some sweet and savory island flavors for dinner with Hawaiian Grilled Salmon Filets– these are seriously amazing!
Juice: For this punch, you will need a few different kinds of juice – Mango nectar, sweetened lime juice (Rose’s brand), and pineapple juice.
Coco Real: For a creamy tropical drink you will need Coco Real, which is cream of coconut.
Grenadine: Make your punch dramatic with a splash of grenadine. Then save the rest of the bottle to make Dirty Shirleys for the adults and Shirley Temples for the kids.
Seltzer water: Seltzer water or sparkling water is needed for this recipe so pick up your favorite non-flavored type of water.
Extras: You will need plenty of ice for the glasses, to keep the punch chilled, as well as maraschino cherries to top the drinks!
How to Make Tropical Party Punch
STEP ONE: To make this base of the party punch, mix together the mango nectar, sweetened lime juice, pineapple juice, and Coco Real in a large pitcher and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
STEP TWO: If you are making each drink as you go, fill each glass with a little ice and then a little over halfway with the punch base. Fill the rest of the glass with seltzer water, or sparkling water, and a splash of grenadine. Top with a maraschino cherry and enjoy!
STEP THREE: If you are making the party punch in a punch bowl then pour the punch base into a bowl, followed by the seltzer water, grenadine, and ice. Why not toss in a couple of maraschino cherries too?!
Tips for Success
- While this drink is non-alcoholic, many of the items needed can be found in the liquor department of your grocery store by the mixers.
- You can also make an alcoholic version for the grown-ups by spiking the punch bowl or glasses with Malibu Rum. You’ll want to add 1 1/4 ounces of rum to the glass and then pour in the punch or add 2 1/2 cups to the punch bowl.
- Are you worried about the ice melting in the punch bowl and making the punch watery? Keep the ice separate in an ice bucket for guests to grab when they need it.
- Don’t add the seltzer water or sparkling water to the punch too far in advance or the bubbles will evaporate and leave you with a flat punch.
How can I keep the punch chilled?
Making the base of the punch and chilling it in the fridge for a while is a good start towards keeping the punch chilled- serving warm ingredients is hard to chill. Keeping the other items chilled in the fridge helps too, like the seltzer water and grenadine. Another thing you can do is freeze a batch of the punch base in ice cube trays to keep individual glasses chilled or pour some of the punch base into a small Ziplock bag to make a block for the punch bowl. As the cubes or block melts it will only make the drinks even tastier instead of watery!
Can I use different juices?
It’s your tropical party so you get to choose whatever feels most tropical to you! Add some orange juice, guava juice, or passion fruit juice, if you love those flavors. You could even add pineapple chunks or rings to the punch bowl for a more tropical flare! The beauty of tropical fruits is that they all complement each other really well so there’s practically no bad combination you can make, only tropical magic!
Serve up the perfect punch for every occasion!
- Rainbow Sherbet Punch
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Tropical Orange Punch
- Cranberry Pineapple Punch
- Rainbow Party Punch
*This post originally posted on 03/25/2016.
- In a large pitcher, mix together the base of your party punch: which includes
- mango nectar, lime juice, pineapple juice, coco real.
- Mix until all combined really well.
- You can store this in the fridge until ready to serve.
- At service you can serve each guest individually, filling glass with ice, then fill 2/3 full with punch base, topping off with seltzer water and a splash of grenadine.
- Or you can mix punch base together with grenadine and seltzer water and add ice and punch to punch bowl to serve.
- You can find mango nectar in the bottled juice aisle at the store. You can find Coco Real, sweetened lime juice, and grenadine in the liquor aisle next to the mixers.
- If you want to make this a party punch for adults, I’ve heard a shot or two of Malibu Rum in in each glass before pouring in the punch. It makes this tropical party punch extra delicious!
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger groups.