This adorably festive Easter Dirt Cake is the perfect treat to whip up with your little bunnies this Spring!
This yummy Easter Dirt Cake is a cute and creamy no-bake dessert that everyone will want to hop on over for. Cool and creamy cream cheese pudding filling sandwiched between crumbly Oreos and topped with festive Easter treats is almost too adorable to eat!
EASTER FUN WITH YOUR LITTLE BUNNIES
This easy Easter Dirt Cake recipe is one of my favorite holiday-themed desserts and my kids still love making it every year! It’s also the perfect cake to take along to share with family and friends for the holiday.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH EASTER DIRT CAKE
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs – It’s not Easter in our house without a delicious chocolate peanut butter egg!
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies – Your dessert table is sure to be the cutest around with these fun to decorate Easter egg cookies!
Crust: The dirt crust consists of crushed Oreo cookies and melted unsalted butter.
Filling: This dirt cake no-bake filling consists of cream cheese and unsalted butter, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, whole milk, instant vanilla pudding, and vanilla extract.
Top Layer: Finish this Easter dessert with more crushed Oreos, green sprinkles, mini egg candies, and Easter Peeps!
HOW TO MAKE EASTER DIRT CAKE
STEP ONE: Start by mixing 2 cups of crushed Oreo cookies and 4 tablespoons of melted butter in a large bowl. Press the Oreo crust firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch pan.
STEP TWO: In a mixing bowl, beat 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/3 cup of softened butter together for about 3 minutes using a hand mixer. Add in 3/4 cup of powdered sugar and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in the thawed Cool Whip using a rubber spatula and set aside once combined.
STEP THREE: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of whole milk, 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Once mixed, combine the pudding mixture and cream cheese mixture.
STEP FOUR: Place dollops of the filling mixture all over the Oreo crust before spreading the filling into an even with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos over the top of the Easter Dirt Cake and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
STEP FIVE: Once the dirt cake has chilled, decorate the top with green sprinkles, Peeps, and mini egg candies before slicing.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- I like to make sure everyone gets a Peep, so I place them evenly over the cake so there’s one on each slice when I’m done cutting.
- This recipe is easy to customize with festive sprinkles and colorful Easter candy, like robin eggs and jelly beans. Feel free to have fun with it!
- Make sure to set the ingredients out about an hour before you’re ready to start making your Easter Dirt Cake. This will give everything time to come to room temperature for easy mixing.
HOW LONG WILL OREO DIRT CAKE LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
This fun Oreo dirt cake dessert should be stored in the fridge, covered for up to 3 days. After that, the Oreo crumble will start to lose its crunch and turn soggy.
WHY IS IT CALLED “DIRT CAKE”
An evolution of the Mississippi Mud Pie, this easy-to-make dessert is covered in crushed Oreo cookies giving it that “dirty” look that you’ve come to expect. You can even go the extra mile and top your dirt cake with a wiggly gummy worm!
OTHER FESTIVE DESSERT RECIPES
- Mini Raspberry Mouse Cakes
- Raspberry Cheese Danish
- Carrot Cake Swiss Roll
- Grasshopper Pie
- Blueberry Fluff
- Mint Balls
- 32 Oreo cookies crushed
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Stir together the crushed Oreos and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Then press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter together in a mixing bowl until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in powdered sugar and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture until combined. Set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add milk, instant pudding, and vanilla extract. Whisk for 2 minutes until thickened. Pour the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine.
- Place dollops of the cream cheese mixture all over the Oreo crust. Then spread into an even layer with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos on top of the filling and place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to let the filling set up.
- Then decorate with Peeps, mini candy eggs, sprinkles, and any other Easter candies desired. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy.