Grasshopper Pie is a classic recipe that made a comeback! The chocolate and mint are outstanding and it’s such an easy dessert recipe!
One of my favorite flavors combinations is mint and chocolate so of course I had to make a Grasshopper Pie! One of the best birthday gifts I was ever given was a box of Thin Mints! I’m not sure when I started but I freeze my Thin Mints. Those cookies are the best straight out of the freezer. The chocolate gets a bit of frost on the outside when you first take it out of the freezer and then the minty flavor is so incredible cold. I also love mint cookies and cream ice cream. When I was pregnant with my oldest son it was the only thing that made my morning (all the time) sickness go away. So basically it was my body telling me I should eat it all the time, right?! It’s funny because now my son loves that flavor too.
I wanted to make a pie the other day, this is kind of weird because I don’t make a whole lot of pies. I really love to eat pie but I’ve just not made a lot of them and don’t usually think about them that often. I haven’t seen any Girl Scouts out yet but I have been seeing a lot of Girls Scout cookie talk online so I had to get my fix. Anyway that’s sort of how I landed on a Grasshopper Pie. My mind seems to spin in circles till it lands on an idea. 🙂
Real Housemoms TV
I’ve never had a Grasshopper Pie before so I was doing research and realized it’s sort of the perfect pie for me! It has the mint chocolate combination that I love and it’s frozen!!! I made it in the evening and then let it freeze overnight because I knew we’d be opening up the freezer constantly to check if it was ready yet otherwise. If you can make Rice Krispy treats you can make these. I decided to double down on the chocolate mint flavor and went with the Cool Mint Oreos for my crust. If you’re not in the States and can’t get this flavor don’t worry, you can just use the regular Oreos. You could even add a teaspoon of mint extract to the crust mixture to add in the minty flavor.
This pie is so amazing that I had to give it away to friends! I have zero self-control. We each had a slice and then off it went. My only concern is how easy it was to make. If it’s this easy I could make it all the time!!!
- 15.25 oz. package Mint Creme Oreos
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 40 large marshmallows
- 2 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream divided
- 1/4 cup Creme de Cocoa clear
- 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe green
- chocolate syrup optional
- place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs
- remove 1/4 cup and set aside
- add the remaining crumbs into a medium mixing bowl and combine with the melted butter
- pour crumb mixture into a deep dish 9 inch pie plate, spread them out into an even layer on the bottom
- using a large spoon or measuring cup work the crumbs up the sides of the pie plate creating the crust
- set aside
- combine the marshmallows and 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream in a large pot over medium heat, stirring constantly
- once marshmallows are melted completely remove from heat and pour in the creme de cocoa and creme de menthe. Make sure that the creme de menthe is fully mixed in
- set marshmallow mixture aside to cool for 10 minutes
- while that cools beat the remaining heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form
- pour a third of the marshmallow mixture onto the whipped cream and fold in
- repeat two more times until all is incorporated
- pour into the pie crust shell
- top with remaining Oreo crumbs and then place in the freeze uncovered
- after an hour cover the pie and allow to continue to freeze until solid
- pull out pie 10 minutes before serving
- drizzle each slice with chocolate syrup is using
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!