Full of creamy chocolate and fresh peppermint flavors this Andes Mint Pie is a fun flavorful and EASY dessert that you must make!
So I’ve been in the no-bake mood lately. Do you know where I’m coming from? Yeah, I prefer desserts lately that are just easy and I really don’t have to turn on the oven because frankly Minnesota has been stuck in what should have been July! So I didn’t really feel much like turning the oven on at that point and making anything hotter than it already was!
ANDES MINT PIE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I love my no-bake pies! So I figured that I would make this delicious Andes Mint Pie! It is literally like eating the iconic candy but in pie form. Who wouldn’t get excited about that? I know this girl did! That thing was devoured in 2.5 seconds FLAT!
This Andes Mint Pie is such an easy dessert to whip up! It literally takes about 15 minutes to actually get the pie in the crust, then I prefer to let it set up overnight just so you make sure you have that nice silky smooth texture with every single bite. I mean come on now, the wait is worth it friends, I promise.
Oh, and did I mention that there are little bits of Andes candies in the pie! Man, I wouldn’t leave you hanging on that one! Yes, little bits and pieces of the candy are studded throughout the pie so you get a nice texture contrast with every bite as well and boy it is delicious!
Top this bad boy with some whipped topping, more Andes and then drizzle it with chocolate…yeah talk about chocolate mint overload! But for you mint lovers out there you will be happy! This has just the right amount of mint vs. chocolate ratio that is just a nice smooth flavor!
So if you’re thinking it’s that time of year to bust of the mint stuff (which in reality to me is all the time), then this Andes Mint Pie is just the treat to get your taste buds going!
Want more no-bake dessert recipes?
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- No Bake Peppermint Pie
- No-Bake Cinnamon Tiramisu
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
- No Bake Peach Chiffon Pie
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Andes Mint Pie recipe
Glass Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 9 -inch Oreo cookie crust
- 1/2 cup Andes candy bits more for sprinkling
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup
- Add your chocolate chips to a glass bowl and in a small saucepan add 3/4 cup heavy cream and heat over medium heat until just bubbling.
- Immediately pour onto your chocolate chips and cover with a plate for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir your chocolate and cream together until chips are all melted and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled stir in your sugar and peppermint extract.
- In another bowl whip your remaining heavy cream until peaks just start to form.
- Add in half your chocolate mixture and beat until combined then add in remaining mixture and continue to beat.
- Fold in your Andes candy bits and pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate about 8 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled add your whipped topping to top and sprinkle with more Andes candy and drizzle syrup over each individual slice.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!