These delicious NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS are the ultimate treat! They’re made with an egg-free (and dairy-free!) cookie dough base and a chocolate peanut butter topping. They’re a naturally vegan dessert and totally addictive!
Hey, friends! This is Kristen from the blog The Endless Meal. I love popping over here once a month to share with you a tasty recipe I’ve been dreaming up. Over on my blog, I like to share (mostly) healthy recipes that are delicious AND easy to make.
One of the reasons I love sharing a recipe here each month is it gives me a reason to treat my family (and you guys!) to an extra special recipe. Think Lemon Raspberry Loaf Cake, Frosted Lemon Cookies, and now these No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars.
I don’t always share dessert recipes with you, but they are some of my favorites.
Cookie dough has always been something I’m powerless to resist. Are you the same? Every time I make a batch of cookies, I’m over them by the time they come out of the oven since I’ve stuffed my face with the dough. And yes, I know that raw cookie dough freaks some people out, but it’s never bothered me. I also love aioli and Caesar salad so I can’t very well not eat raw eggs. But …
These cookie dough bars are made without eggs! They’re also made using coconut oil instead of butter so they’re naturally dairy-free and vegan. Awesome!
The base is made from delicious chocolate chip cookie dough and then a thick layer of sweet and chocolatey peanut butter is spread on top. I like to drizzle a little melted chocolate and sprinkle some powdered sugar and cocoa powder on top for fun, too.
Will you promise me you’ll make them? I promise you won’t be disappointed!
For the cookie dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds ground
For the peanut butter topping:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice I use almond, but any kind will do
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. In a large bowl, whisk the sugars with the melted coconut oil, water, and chia seeds. Add the dry ingredients all at once and stir till combined. Press into the prepared pan and place it in your fridge.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted chocolate chips until it resembles batter. Spoon this on top of the cookie dough and smooth out using a spatula. Place the pan back into the fridge.
- Heat the milk in a small pan over medium heat until it begins to steam. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Let the pan sit for a few moments to melt the chocolate chips then whisk to combine. Drizzle the top of the bars with the chocolate.
- Cut the bars into 24 pieces - see notes. Store the cookie dough bars, covered, in your fridge.