This delicious LEMON RASPBERRY LOAF CAKE is sweet with a tart lemon zing and perfect all year round!
Friends! I made you a cake!
But this isn’t just any old cake. This is the best dang lemon raspberry loaf cake around. I’ve been eating enough of them lately that I’m pretty sure I have some sort of authority on the topic.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
You see, I’ve been waddling around with a giant belly and seriously craving cake. (And NO this cake isn’t to blame for my giant belly, that’s the fault of being 8 months preggo.) I don’t know what happened but I developed a serious sweet tooth. Did that happen to you too when you were pregnant?
It’s either that or the crazy long hours I’ve been working creating an online course called #OhMyBlog that teaches people how to start a successful blog. It’s been a totally bananas but super fun time around here and this lemon raspberry loaf cake has perked me up on more than a few long work days.
Bowing down to this cake right now.🙇
There’s something about lemons and raspberries that make my heart skip a beat. Are you the same? It must be that they have summer written all over them.☀️
It’s either that or the fact that they go purrrrfect with this sweet cake. You guys, this lemon raspberry loaf is seriously ridiculous. Every time I make it my handsome man looks at me with dreamy eyes and tells me how amazing I am. If you want to make your man fall in love with you all over again and again, this cake is how to do it. No joke.
The cake is super moist and has the most delicious lemon flavor and is dotted throughout with sweet/ tart raspberries. Then there’s the glaze. If the cake wasn’t so amazing, I’d say the glaze was my favorite part. It’s sweet and lemony and there’s just enough of it to add a zing without distracting from the cake.
For the lemon raspberry loaf cake
- ½ cup salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
For the lemon glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A tiny pinch of sea salt
- Lemon zest fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the inside of a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and yogurt, lemon zest and juice and beat until everything is thoroughly mixed, about 30 seconds.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Pour into the large bowl and beat the batter just until everything comes together. Stir in the fresh raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. (This cake takes longer to bake than a regular loaf cake.)
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out onto a cooling rack.
- For the icing;
- In a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and the tiny pinch of sea salt. If you would like it a little runnier, you can add a small splash of water. If you prefer your icing a little thicker, you can add a touch more powdered sugar. Note: don't make the glaze until just before you use it as it will harden as is stands.
- To finish the loaf:
- Once the loaf is completely cool, drizzle the top with the glaze then sprinkle over the lemon zest, raspberries, and a little powdered sugar.
If you love lemon cake you MUST try this Deliciously Fresh Lemon Lime Loaf. It’s another favorite around here. 🙂
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!