These Pecan Pie Brownies are a chocolaty twist on the traditional pecan pie! They make a great Thanksgiving dessert but I like making them all year long!
I LOVE this time of year. Everywhere you look there are all sorts of amazing holiday recipes and I can get sucked into Pinterest for hours looking at Thanksgiving recipes. The problem is when it comes to making the Thanksgiving dinner menu everyone has their favorite traditional Thanksgiving side or Thanksgiving dessert and no one wants to give them up so we can try something new. I’m just as guilty as everyone else. I mean it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without my grandma’s Broccoli Casserole! This year I’ve found at least one recipe that everyone is excited to try. These rich, fudgy Pecan Pie Brownies combine two Thanksgiving classics into one decadent Thanksgiving dessert.
PECAN PIE BROWNIES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Pecan Pie is a must on Thanksgiving. I’ve tried switching it up and my Pecan Pie Cake Roll was a hit so this year I thought I’d see if I could do it again. These Pecan Pie Brownies take everyone’s favorite part of the pecan pie, the gooey, nutty filling, and bake it right on top of rich chocolate brownies. I’m gonna be honest, while everyone else in the family can’t live without pecan pie it’s not my favorite dessert, but these brownies were out of this world good! The combination of chocolate and pecan pie filling is so much better than plain old pecan pie.
It’s a simple recipe. I used a boxed brownie mix (one that makes a 13-inch x 9-inch pan of brownies) to keep things simple but if you have a favorite brownie recipe you can use that. I made the pecan filling using the same recipe my mom uses for pecan pie. I mixed up the brownies, poured them into my brownie pan, and baked them for 20 minutes. While they baked I mixed together the ingredients for my pecan pie filling. After 20 minutes I removed the partially cooked brownies from the oven and poured the pecan pie filling over them. Then everything went back into the oven and baked for another 30-40 minutes.
I’ve got to tell you the kitchen smelled pretty amazing and when those Pecan Pie Brownies came out of the oven it took all of my willpower not to dive right in.It was worth the wait though and when the brownies had cooled I cut a few slices and all of my taste testers agreed that they were awesome enough to make it onto this year’s Thanksgiving dessert menu!
Want more pecan recipes?
- Mini Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake
- Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake Loaf
- Caramel Apple and Pecan Pancakes
- Baked Pecan Praline Donuts
- Mini Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Trifles
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Pecan Pie Brownies recipe
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Baking Dish: This baking dish is a must-have for any home cook. I actually have 3 of them in my cupboard, and each dish comes with a lid for storing leftovers or taking your dishes on the go.
- 40 ounce Family-Size Brownie Mix or 2 regular size brownie mixes 13x9 pan + ingredients listed on the package
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Corn syrup
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 c unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 c pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix brownies according to package instructions.
- Pour brownie batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan and place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the brownies bake combine the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Stir in pecans.
- After 25-30 minutes remove the brownies from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over them.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the filling only jiggle slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
- Let cool to room temperature before cutting.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!